Nolan's downfall.

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Tehee

Nolan's 'downfall' was an 8.6 on imdb, lol.

-Vader

Nolan's downfall will come when the fanboy herd turns against him, likely after he makes a movie that the majority of forum-goers don't care for.

After that, the nerd hivemind will retroactively declare that "Nolan was always overrated to begin with" and that his older films were lousy, as well. They'll write articles about it, many of them top ten lists. His name will become associated, to the hivemind, as synonymous with pretentious mediocrity, they'll laugh as they stuff cheetos into their mouths, gleefully mocking Nolan's average box office receipts. They'll throw up their hands in glee, knocking over their Red Bulls, spilling the energy drink's sappy liquid onto their keyboards. They'll all scoff as they declare that "Nolan is totally done", "the audience isn't interested in his films anymore, our articles and posts are proof of that". They will scratch their neckbeards in contemplation, as they think of the next biting insult to hurl at the now washed up, once loved British filmmaker. Truly, his downfall will be complete.

During all of these cataclysmic, parallax shifting events, Nolan will drink a tea, work on a script for a new film, direct it, edit it and release it to theaters. People will show up to watch it, because "it's directed by that guy who made Batman and Inception", and they'll go into the theater to watch a movie.

chom wrote:Nolan's downfall will come when the fanboy herd turns against him, likely after he makes a movie that the majority of forum-goers don't care for.

After that, the nerd hivemind will retroactively declare that "Nolan was always overrated to begin with" and that his older films were lousy, as well. They'll write articles about it, many of them top ten lists. His name will become associated, to the hivemind, as synonymous with pretentious mediocrity, they'll laugh as they stuff cheetos into their mouths, gleefully mocking Nolan's average box office receipts. They'll throw up their hands in glee, knocking over their Red Bulls, spilling the energy drink's sappy liquid onto their keyboards. They'll all scoff as they declare that "Nolan is totally done", "the audience isn't interested in his films anymore, our articles and posts are proof of that". They will scratch their neckbeards in contemplation, as they think of the next biting insult to hurl at the now washed up, once loved British filmmaker. Truly, his downfall will be complete.

During all of these cataclysmic, parallax shifting events, Nolan will drink a tea, work on a script for a new film, direct it, edit it and release it to theaters. People will show up to watch it, because "it's directed by that guy who made Batman and Inception", and they'll go into the theater to watch a movie.

i want you to know that you're one of my favorite posters

It's cuz I've got a phd in internet anthropology. I've read so much forum bullshit over the years that I've become the David Attenborough of fanboys (if they made a documentary about it it would be Neckbeards In The Mountain Dew); I know what these ladies and gentlemen are gonna say about a movie before the movie comes out, and it's because they've got cyclical behavior: a movie/tv show/book/actor/director is obscure for awhile, and they love it, because they feel like it's their's. Their constant discussion of said property or person may lead to it/them getting more mainstream appeal, and they start to turn on it almost instantly. The director's now a hack, the lead actor's a dick, the writers betrayed them, all that maudlin shit.

They've created a fictional relationship between them and the director or movie series, and nothing will live up to the idealistic relationship they've imagined (just look at George Lucas and his fans, with the "he raped my childhood" stuff). They think the filmmakers who don't know that they even exist owe them something, but they never make it clear how they expect the filmmakers to pay them back (or what they owe them). They don't even realize that's not their job.

No matter how shitty a director's output may get, it's not up to him or her to keep up with the fantasies of online fans; that's impossible and insane. Fanboys have the same relationship with directors like George Lucas that Travis had with Betsy in Taxi Driver.

It'll happen to Nolan, probably, and Nolan neither should nor will give a shit. He'll sip his tea and never even know we exist.

when did chom become awesome?

chom wrote:Image

It's cuz I've got a phd in internet anthropology. I've read so much forum bullshit over the years that I've become the David Attenborough of fanboys (if they made a documentary about it it would be Neckbeards In The Mountain Dew); I know what these ladies and gentlemen are gonna say about a movie before the movie comes out, and it's because they've got cyclical behavior: a movie/tv show/book/actor/director is obscure for awhile, and they love it, because they feel like it's their's. Their constant discussion of said property or person may lead to it/them getting more mainstream appeal, and they start to turn on it almost instantly. The director's now a hack, the lead actor's a dick, the writers betrayed them, all that maudlin shit.

They've created a fictional relationship between them and the director or movie series, and nothing will live up to the idealistic relationship they've imagined (just look at George Lucas and his fans, with the "he raped my childhood" stuff). They think the filmmakers who don't know that they even exist owe them something, but they never make it clear how they expect the filmmakers to pay them back (or what they owe them). They don't even realize that's not their job.

No matter how shitty a director's output may get, it's not up to him or her to keep up with the fantasies of online fans; that's impossible and insane. Fanboys have the same relationship with directors like George Lucas that Travis had with Betsy in Taxi Driver.

It'll happen to Nolan, probably, and Nolan neither should nor will give a shit. He'll sip his tea and never even know we exist.
Exactly. I've been leading a crusade in some parts against that same sense of entitlement that puts a property stamp on everything for everyone. It,s become like a trading card game. I also have always wondered how certain people are fans of certain people and yet they don't try to absorb the best of their character. For example, Nolan's probably the most patient and practical person in the business. Enraging situations must surround him at all times, like they do people with such important and responsible roles, and yet he knows it's always up to him to chooze how to react. Alotof people here aren't like that. They don't hold their temper because they don't feel it's required of them and that's how much 'one way' this fan relationship is. Jesus writing on a tablet is tricky.

Chom oughta post way more often. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :gonf:

chom wrote:Image

I've seen the light.

Please fucking post more.

Even if he makes a couple of bad films, it won't matter much because he will say 'Dark Knight' and 'Inception' and people will immediately shut it.