Nolan's downfall.

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
I doubt something like Batman 3 that's bound to have a darker colour scheme will even look good in 3D.

Eternalist wrote:I doubt something like Batman 3 that's bound to have a darker colour scheme will even look good in 3D.
Yea, it will look really dark. I hope Nolan doesn't do it in 3D. The image quality will be terrible.

theweatherman wrote:Yeah I am not worried about the quality of the Nolan's 3D because I know he won't produce something below his standards and if Batman 3 is to be 3D he will plan plenty of time to do the post production to conversion.
Personally, I don't think 3D per se will mark Nolan's fall. But I think he may be coerced into 3D from both ends of the stick (WB and movie goers) when he's not entirely comfortable with the process. If that happens, I think it'll show in the final product.

And while we're in the subject of Nolan and 3D, I seem to remember a quote that Nolan said that he told WB: "Look, ultimately, it's your call. I just don't think it's a good idea." and WB decided against the 3D push.

As far as quality is concerned, his downfall will likely happen when he can't come up with good stories to tell. That's what happened to M. Night and it happens to every filmmaker at some point.

redfirebird2008 wrote:As far as quality is concerned, his downfall will likely happen when he can't come up with good stories to tell. That's what happened to M. Night and it happens to every filmmaker at some point.
his downfall is unlikely because even if he is unable to come up with a story, he can still make screen adaptation of a book.Or he can tell us Jonathan's story. :P
gib sigs

Well, I don't see Nolan as a celebrity, and it seems like he himself is trying not to fall into that trap.

He will make a mistake, everyone does, but I don't think he will have some great downfall. It all really depends on how he rebounds.

Damn, I don't even wanna think about this ...

:shifty:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

redfirebird2008 wrote:As far as quality is concerned, his downfall will likely happen when he can't come up with good stories to tell. That's what happened to M. Night and it happens to every filmmaker at some point.
Yeah, although every filmmaker gets their downfall and makes a bad movie, but like all legends (Scorsese, Kubrick, Hitchcock) they persisted and got back on their feet eventually. I think that's what Nolan's career is going for, hardly anything in M. Night's path.

I think Batman 3 will be his downfall. I think the expectations will be to high.

I don't want anyone to fall down from his/her fame and success as I want to be there in that position someday. This one last job and I am there. :mrgreen: sorry- had to use that line cause it was perfect timing to use. This is showbiz. Business of money and business of fame. I don't think Nolan's downfall would be Batman 3. I think Batman 3 will make more money than THE DARK KNIGHT.

I think his downfall would be - Superman. I have bad feeling about this. I just don't want him to direct, produce or anything.

Rohan wrote: I think his downfall would be - Superman. I have bad feeling about this. I just don't want him to direct, produce or anything.
I personally don't think he will have much involvement in the actually shooting of Superman. I think he will be named as a producer but will be more of a consultant on the script and on the scale of the film. I just don't see him taking much time out of directing to be a hands on producer.