Nolan - A Serious Filmmaker?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
I've read and heard from some trolls that Nolan cannot be considered a serious filmmaker. They think that he is just a studio tool to make money. But...we know that it's not true.

Many also say that Nolan has no prominent or influential serious movie like Godfather, Schindler's List, Lawrence of Arabia, Psycho, etc etc etc

I say: "Give him more time and he will deliver a true classic that will be remembered for a very long time" (maybe at his 60's :D )

Anyway, do you really think Nolan has a path of a great filmmaker or will he be considered as another Terry Gilliam? Do his previous movies can give you any kind of certainty that he's gonna be BIG?

ps. It was just a momentary strike of doubt. Don't you have them, too? :wtf:

Dark Nolan wrote:I've read and heard from some trolls
Tells you all you need to know.

ps. It was just a momentary strike of doubt. Don't you have them, too?
NEVER (Michael Caine accent).

Many also say that Nolan has no prominent or influential serious movie like Godfather, Schindler's List, Lawrence of Arabia, Psycho, etc etc etc
I would personally consider Memento a very influential film. Not to mention his influence on the rest of Hollywood by showing his films in IMAX theaters and his work with IMAX cameras (that I still think are the next phase in movie development and not 3D).

Have no doubt that after his career is over Christopher Nolan will be known as one of the greats of this generation. I have already heard film geeks comparing him to Hitchcock and Kubrick. Those comparisons will continue and then eventually young filmmakers will be compared to him.

A little doubt occasionally is okay, but don't let yourself be fooled by trolls.

natalie wrote:
:clap: :thumbup:

you sir WIN
Why you lurking my page brah?

Dodd wrote:
natalie wrote:
:clap: :thumbup:

you sir WIN
it's a lady. no? :D

anyway, great answer

They are trolls, ignore them.

it's a lady. no? :D

anyway, great answer
Thanks, but it's absolutly true. I fell in love of Nolan's work since I watched Memento at the movie theatre back in 2002. So I 'm Nolan's man (well, girl) through and throught...at least until he dissapoint me, and I don't see that could happen in a near future. :thumbup:

If Nolan is going to continue making movies, I think he will be remembered as one of the most talented directors/writers of all time.

sorry to say but, at this point, whoever says Nolan is not to be taken seriously as a filmmaker is simply fucker.