Need your help?! Questions for Nolan @ Empire Awards

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
So um.. hi!
It's been a while (3 years?!).

Since last I visited here I moved to London and I currently work for the National Theatre. I'm also writing plays/screenplays and film reviews/interviews for the website UKFilmNews.com.

We have been granted press accreditation for this Sunday's Empire Magazine Film Awards. And Nolan is on the guest list to turn up.

While I'm still a huge Nolan fan and extremely excited about this opportunity, I'm not as in touch as I used to be and haven't seen enough recent interviews.
Since I'm working daily at the theatre, my time to research is limited (plus I have to research for every other guest as well) and thought it'll be an opportunity to ask you guys if you have any GOOD questions for Nolan regarding Interstellar OR/AND future projects or general film-related questions.

The event will be huge and as I covered film premieres and award shows before I know we might not get to him at all (he's currently my no.1 priority to interview, which is what I will tell the PR company too. But even then we might not get it), but if we do - I need 3-5 amazing questions for him that will blow his mind. :P
Any takers?

Oh and hi to everyone I used to know here. I see most of you are indeed still here :P

Is he God?

Ask if he has any idea what his new projects might be (as director or producer). He will never tell you anything specific, but if you can get even the smallest something, that will be news online. So if want traffic, this is the one to squeeze.

bump

Thanks DD! x
Robin wrote:Ask if he has any idea what his new projects might be (as director or producer). He will never tell you anything specific, but if you can get even the smallest something, that will be news online. So if want traffic, this is the one to squeeze.
It's the one thing I already had in mind to ask him. -but- the problem will be, these events are crowded. I'll have journalists on either side of me. And this will be the one question -everyone- will ask him. Just imagine you go from one journalist to another and everyone asks you the same thing although they can hear what you answered to the person next to them (which will be the case). Because he's so adored and yet manages to maintain a high level of secrecy surrounding his work.. I'm sure it'll be the one everyone will ask (plus journalists are lazy and will ask the easy stuff like "tell us about the project you're here cos of" and "tell us about your future projects".
I might find a way to reword this question into something more exciting but unsure yet how.

Reword them however you like, but these are a few questions I'd ask him if I got the chance.

1. How do you go about choosing a style/form to fit your content? What is that process like for you? It seems that your style is inherent to your work.

Another question he may not want to answer:
2. The Prestige, Inception, and Interstellar have some fascinating connections about fathers leaving their children to go off on their professional jobs. What is it about that you find interesting?

3. Many of your films deal with Escher like labyrinths. What are some films that you love or inspire you with labyrinth maze structures?

I know you'd probably like to ask him about his past and future films, but since it's an awards show, maybe ask him what some of his favorite films and performances from 2014 were.

And of course if you could get any info on his next project that would be awesome. Even if all you get is when we might expect it.

Asking about his faves would be interesting :)

More questions people!
DoubleD wrote:I know you'd probably like to ask him about his past and future films, but since it's an awards show, maybe ask him what some of his favorite films and performances from 2014 were.

And of course if you could get any info on his next project that would be awesome. Even if all you get is when we might expect it.

1. Who are some of your favorite filmmakers working today and what are your favorite films of theirs?

2. What are your favorite films of the decade?

3. If you could have made any film in the past decade, which one would it be?

1. A very interesting question might be about his personal "lines" in his films. In Inception, as we know, he was depicting his vision of cinema, a movies as a dreams (a metaphor for filmmaking), as well as he has depicted movies as magick tricks in The Prestige. In Interstellar, he was portraying his own relationship with his daughter, Flora. He told her by this film that even if he's going to leave her for a while to make a movie, he will surely come back someday. A question might be: Does Christopher want to include such a "line" in his next project? And what he thinks about his personal influences to his films?

2. He has recently said that one day mankind will be compelled to leave Earth, that "Earth is just a nest, and someday we're gonna leave the nest, it's just the decision, that has to be made". But does he accept the possibility to leave our reality or dimension in the future?

3. If the studios stop buying the film celluloids at all, will he consider the possibility to start shooting on digital?