Is Nolan a fan of 'Angel' the series by Joss Whedon?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
I had heard a rumour that Christopher Nolan was a big fan of Joss Whedon's Angel, starring David Boreanaz as the titular vampire with a soul. It is a fantasy noir, which I imagine might have appealed to Nolan.

Can any of you awesome Nolanites shed light on this? It was one of my favourite shows alongside Buffy, so it would be cool to have that information confirmed :)

I think you are talking about Jonah.

Are you sure?? I heard it was Christopher who was a fan of Angel, not Jonah?? I don't care much about what Jonah thinks tbh. I heard Christopher was an Angel the series fan. What makes you even think it's Jonah ffs??

The Prestige wrote:Are you sure?? I heard it was Christopher who was a fan of Angel, not Jonah?? I don't care much about what Jonah thinks tbh. I heard Christopher was an Angel the series fan. What makes you even think it's Jonah ffs??
Jonah's been quoted saying he thinks Joss Whedon is a god, while Chris has never mentioned him so that should be a pretty good indicator that it was Jonah and not Chris.

That makes no sense whatsoever. So because Jonah has praised Joss Whedon and Christopher hasn't, that means Christopher isn't likely to be a fan of Whedon's work? Great logic, kid.

Anyways, I read somewhere that Nolan was a fan of Angel and because of his love for the show, had initially wanted David Boreanaz to star as Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman Begins.

Thought this was a site for Nolanites? Bunch of pretenders on here, I tell ya.

The Prestige wrote:I had heard a rumour that Christopher Nolan was a big fan of Joss Whedon's Angel, starring David Boreanaz as the titular vampire with a soul. It is a fantasy noir, which I imagine might have appealed to Nolan.

Can any of you awesome Nolanites shed light on this? It was one of my favourite shows alongside Buffy, so it would be cool to have that information confirmed :)
Never heard of this rumour, but that would be awesome because Angel is one of my favorite shows.

Pretty sure Chris doesn't own a TV

You know, I'm not even sure if he lives in a house.

Thathairyeggthatprinceusrdtopost.jpg

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Thathairyeggthatprinceusrdtopost.jpg