Christopher Nolan - Net Worth

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
I recently began to think about how much Christopher Nolan actually earns for his films.

Being the most powerful director in Hollywood as well as being a director, screenwriter and producer on his films he must have made a big amount. I looked though various of numbers and this is what I came up with.

For Inception he made $71.5 million - (Back-end for writing, producing, and directing and share of DVD and pay-TV revenue).

For Man of Steel he made $40 million - (Producing)

I am unsure of what he made for The Dark Knight Trilogy. But with the trilogy having grossed $2.5 billion as well as being a director, screenwriter and producer through his production company Syncopy on all three films my guess would be around $100 million or something.

That would make his net worth north of $200 million.

*sigh*

If Chris did in fact earn $40m from Man of Steel, something that he was ultimately dissatisfied with (the ending, anyway), that's some return based on his cache :shock:

At least he makes a lot of money by making masterful movies and not shitty ones like other filmmakers.

Panapaok wrote:At least he makes a lot of money by making masterful movies "and not shitty ones like other filmmakers"

UPDATE:
I recently began to think about how much Christopher Nolan actually earns for his films.

Being the most powerful director in Hollywood as well as being a director, screenwriter and producer on his films he must have made a big amount. I looked though various of numbers and this is what I came up with.

For Inception he made $71.5 million - (Back-end for writing, producing, and directing and share of DVD and pay-TV revenue).

For Man of Steel he made $40 million - (Producing)

I am unsure of what he made for The Dark Knight Trilogy. But with the trilogy having grossed $2.5 billion as well as being a director, screenwriter and producer through his production company Syncopy on all three films my guess would be around $100 million or something.

That would make his net worth north of $200 million.
For Interstellar he made $90 million. He should have at least $300 million by now. And if $90 is the correct number then it appears that he made more than the studios. Also for a director to get paid $20 million + 20 % gross is unheard of. I now James Cameron have earned an insane amount but he had 2 movies grossing the $2 billion mark. Not even the biggest movie star on the planet gets this kind of money. I am so happy for him. He truly deserves it :gonf: