Rank all of Nolan's films

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
1. Inception
2. The Prestige
3. Memento
4. The Dark Knight
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Batman Begins
7. Insomnia
8. Following

Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 8th, 2017, 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Knight
Memento
The Dark Knight Rises
Inception
Batman Begins
The Prestige
Following
Insomnia

1) Inception
2) The Prestige
3) The Dark Knight
4) Memento
5) Batman Begins
6) The Dark Knight Rises
7) Insomnia
8) The Following

Following being the "worst" movie, is saying something especially considering the budget it had. Dark Knight Rises was really disappointing, but It's still a good movie
Inception is starting to be one of my favorite movie of all time
Last edited by Nauta on August 15th, 2014, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

11072014 wrote:1) The Black Horseman
2) Beginning
3) The Eminence
4) Chiropterahuman Starts
5) Souvenir
6) The Flying Black Horseman
7) I Can't Sleep
8) Stalking
:clap:

1. The Dark Knight; Still Chris' magnum opus, and also the definite example of all things Batman. Acting, script, direction, cinematography, music, design... find me a fault in anything. Unrelenting, instantly iconic and near-perfect cinema
2. Inception; Twisty, meaty and bursting at the seems with class. Props to DiCaprio for being the anchor, and Chris for being the wizard. Heist epic with sci-fi sheen
3. Memento; mind boggling and with a climax of breathtaking skill and downbeat nature. Script is untouchable
4. The Prestige; the cult classic. Kubrick would be proud. Such attention to detail and exploration of obsession and rivalry. Quietly scary too.
5. The Dark Knight Rises; the end - what more to say? Hathaway and Gordon-Levitt are the heart and soul, but Bale and Nolan are the men who created the hero; the monster; the lonely boy seeking to do good. Roller coasting cinema
6. Batman Begins; Still smart in storytelling and vibrant in the evolution of orphan to antihero. A strong foundation and class act for things to follow
7. Insomnia; Nolan turns the serviceable script into something more. The three leads are great and still entertains.
Following - n/a Not seen... yet :P

ratedR wrote:1. The Dark Knight; Still Chris' magnum opus, and also the definite example of all things Batman. Acting, script, direction, cinematography, music, design... find me a fault in anything.
Joker's plan is a huge plot hole... but
i don't really care

1 - The Dark Knight
2 - Inception
3 - The Dark Knight Rises
4 - The Prestige
5 - Memento
6 - Batman Begins
7 - Insomnia
8 - Following

So hard, so, so hard.

8. Following
7. Insomnia
6. Memento
5. The 4. Dark Knight 3. Trilogy
2. Inception
1. The Prestige

I hold Following in high regard and really hate putting it last. I love the concept of that film and if Nolan made it today at a higher production level I think it would actually be my favorite. At the same time I love it for being shot the way it is and wouldn't have it any other way.

The fact of the matter is, I find Nolan's films the hardest to rank because I am so in love with all of them. I know The Prestige is my absolute favorite but beyond that they're all pretty close.

For now
1 - The Dark Knight
2 - The Prestige
3 - Inception
4 - Memento
5 - Batman Begins
6 - The Dark Knight Rises
7 - Insomnia
8 - Following