Blu-ray

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
First, yes I am new. Secondly, I looked and searched through this forum before I posted this, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. So please, no one jump to the "newb!" or "wrong thread!" accusations, etc etc.

So here is my question: Nolan is a devout user of Film, and he swears by the IMAX format, saying that "IMAX is the best film format that was ever invented. It’s the gold standard and what any other technology has to match up to, but none have, in my opinion." So this lead to a debate with a friend. Nolan doesn't fall for the normal gimmicks of modern film making and the big Hollywood companies, (3D, director cuts, multiple editions of released media, etc etc), so would he prefer Blu-ray over DVD? I stance is that he would prefer Blu-ray because of it's resolution and sound superiority, but my friend tends to believe that he'd like DVD because of how long it's lasted and how it's not "that huge" of a difference compared to DVD, and therefore it wouldn't fall under Nolan's radar as being significant.

Are there any interviews where he speaks on home media? What is his stance on what he prefers? DVD? Blu-ray? HD streaming? Like film, we live in a time where home media is constantly on the move... even now, the streaming onto a flash drive media, (Apple TV, iTunes, etc etc), is growing in popularity and cheapness, and I read that within 5 years all physical media will be kaput. What do we know of or think what Nolan believes about all of this?

Seriously? Nothing at all?

I am sure he is going to say Blu-ray. The sound and picture both are impeccably presented. And when a film is shot with IMAX cameras on blu-ray you can definitely see its magic.

Nolan is pretty famously a proponent of Betamax tapes.

Pfister's a big fan of Blu-ray.

Considering it presents DTS-MA tracks and currently unparalleled video quality compared to the alternatives, this should be a no brainer. It's the best thing that's ever happened home video, objectively.

Yeah. I assumed Nolan would prefer Blu-ray over DVD. But now I wonder... what does he think of the near future of Streaming media? Or Digital home media?

Not sure where to post this, but I think this thread is the closest:

Has Nolan revealed what blu-ray/projector/sound system is he using at home?

I M A X

duh

In a recent interview (can't find it at the moment), he said he has a fairly decent projector at home. He also said he's screened a few 5/70 films to his children so I'm going to assume it's a 5/70 projector and/or a 35 mm projector at the least.