Is Nolan the Best or Worst thing to happen to Comic Book Movies?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.

Most of the internet fanboy community is a hivemind of solipsistic man-children with the delusion that they're entitled to a say in the creative process of movies/tv shows/books that they have absolutely no involvement with.

chom wrote:Most of the internet fanboy community is a hivemind of solipsistic man-children with the delusion that they're entitled to a say in the creative process of movies/tv shows/books that they have absolutely no involvement with.

so this guy keeps it real

Yes and no. He made quite possibly the best and certainly one of the most influential superhero film trilogies. Many film makers have now attempted to "Nolanize" other franchises, failing to understand what made Nolan's films their own and why they worked.

His actions as a director have been a good thing. The reactions, which he has no control over, have not been quite as successful.

darthnazgul wrote:Yes and no. He made quite possibly the best and certainly one of the most influential superhero film trilogies. Many film makers have now attempted to "Nolanize" other franchises, failing to understand what made Nolan's films their own and why they worked.

His actions as a director have been a good thing. The reactions, which he has no control over, have not been quite as successful.
Great post :twothumbsup: I fully agree with everything you said.

Of course Chris Nolan's tdk trilogy is better then every marvel film ever made .

manofsteel1 wrote:Of course Chris Nolan's tdk trilogy is better then every marvel film ever made .
And all Marvel films are still better than Man of Steel (some leagues above it) lol
darthnazgul wrote:Yes and no. He made quite possibly the best and certainly one of the most influential superhero film trilogies. Many film makers have now attempted to "Nolanize" other franchises, failing to understand what made Nolan's films their own and why they worked.

Great post.

didich wrote:
manofsteel1 wrote:Of course Chris Nolan's tdk trilogy is better then every marvel film ever made .
And all Marvel films are still better than Man of Steel (some leagues above it) lol.
:lol:
Cap' America, X-Men Last Stand, Spiderman 3, FF movies,.... they're all worst than MOS. And I could go on.
Most of Marvel films are not great films, they're good to average. I'd put MOS in that category too. It was good not great.

Not a single one of them manage to reach the level of TDK Trilogy. Marvel lovers and Nolan haters will never admit that but it's the truth.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:
didich wrote:
And all Marvel films are still better than Man of Steel (some leagues above it) lol.
:lol:
Cap' America, X-Men Last Stand, Spiderman 3, FF movies,.... they're all worst than MOS. And I could go on.
Most of Marvel films are not great films, they're good to average. I'd put MOS in that category too. It was good not great.

Not a single one of them manage to reach the level of TDK Trilogy. Marvel lovers and Nolan haters will never admit that but it's the truth.
I was just baiting. I bored, I'm sick, I'm not thinking about positivity right now. But Captain America was better than MoS. Others, like IM2, Incredible Hulk and the ones you've mentioned weren't but again, I was trying to pick up a fight lol