Favorites Lines

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
What your favorite lines from Nolan Movies?
Just took some time to pick my favorites

Memento
-Now I'm chasing this guy...no he's chasing me (Lenny)
-I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different. (Lenny)
-You know, I've had more rewarding friendships than this one. Although I do get to keep telling the same jokes. (Teddy)
-Now Where Was I? :P (Lenny)

Batman Begins
-You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. (Ra's Al Ghul)
-I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you. (Ra's/Batman)
-I never said thank you...and you'll never have too (Batman and Gordon)

The Prestige
-Are you watching closely? (Borden)
- Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled (Cutter)
-Never show anyone. They'll beg you and they'll flatter you for the secret, but as soon as you give it up... you'll be nothing to them. (Borden/Kid)

The Dark Knight
-The Joker two scar monologues
-Pick a better spot. From this height, the fall wouldn't kill me....I'm counting on it. (Batman/Maroni)
-you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. (Dent)

Inception
-You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter. How can it not matter to you where that train will take you? (Mal)
-Wait, whose subconscious are we going into exactly? (Ariadne)
-You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. (Arthur and Eames)

The Dark Knight Rises
-Speak of the devil and he shall appear (Bane)
-You don't fear death... You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe (Bane to Bruce)
-You see, it's the slow knife... the knife that takes its time, the knife that waits years without forgetting, then slips quietly between the bones... that's the knife that cuts deepest (Talia to Batman)

The two lines I hate in his movies
I gotta get me one of those (Gordon talking of the Batmobile in Batman Begins)
So that's what it feels like (Batman speaking to himself in Rises)

Batman Begins
"A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you then you become something else entirely." "Which is?" "A legend, Mr Wayne."
"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can't do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I'm flesh and blood. I can be ignored or I can be destroyed, but as a symbol? As a symbol, I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting."

The Prestige
"Man's reach exceeds his imagination."
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

The first three are my favorite even though they're saying the exact same thing.

"So you lie to yourself to be happy. We all do it......You you wander around playing detective. You're living a dream kid. A dead wife to pine for. A sense of purpose to your life. A romantic quest that you wouldn't end even if I wasn't in the picture." - John Edward Gammel

"This is the trick. This is the performance. Right here. This is why no one can detect his method. Total devotion to his art. A lot of self sacrifice. You know? Its the only way to escape. All of this.
Looks around. Taps fist against solid wall." - Alfred Borden

Wife dies. Gets his hands dirty "Nothing? You never understood why we did this. The audience knows the truth. The world is simple.. miserable. Solid all the way through. But if you could fool them. Even for a second. Then you can make them wonder. Then you got to see something very special. You really don´t know? It was.. It was the look on their faces.." - Robert Angier

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you.. stranger" - The Joker

"Don't talk like one of them you're not! Even if you'd like to be. You see to them you´re just a freak. Like me. They need you right now. But when they don't? They'll cast you out. Like a leper. You see their morals their code. Its a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show ya. You see these 'civilized' people they'll eat each other. You see I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve" - The Joker

"You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that I like a gang banger will get shot or a truck load of soldiers will get blown up nobody panics. Because its all part of the plan. But when I say that one little old mayor will die then everybody loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes chaos. I´m an agent of chaos. Oh and you know thing about chaos? Its fair." - The Joker

"Its not about what I want. Its about whats fair! You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! You were wrong. The world is cruel and the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased, unprejudiced, fair." - Two-Face

"You see madness as you know is like gravity. All it takes is a little push
lol" - The Joker
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:The first three are my favorite even though they're saying the exact same thing.

"You see madness as you know is like gravity. All it takes is a little push [/b]lol" - The Joker
lol
Sigs???

Forum Pro
Law
I don't feel drunk..

Memento
"You're not a killer; That's why you're so good at it."
"We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different."
"She's gone. And the present is trivia, which I scribble down as fucking notes."
"Tracks? Who are you, Pocahontas?"
"You know, a car this nice, you should lock it."
"Nice shot, Liebowitz"
"So you lie to yourself to be happy. There's nothing wrong with that. We all do it."
Insomnia
"You and I share a secret. We know how easy it is to kill someone. That ultimate taboo. It doesn't exist outside our own minds."
"I didn't murder her. I killed her, but it just ended up that way."
"You don't get it, do you, Finch? You're my job. You're what I'm paid to do. You're about as mysterious to me as a blocked toilet is to a fucking plumber. Reasons for doing what you did? Who gives a fuck?"
"Let me sleep. Just let me sleep."
Batman Begins
"We are back to finish the job. And this time no misguided idealists will get in the way. Like your father, you lack the courage to do all that is necessary. If someone stands in the way of true justice... you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
"I'm gonna show the people of Gotham their city doesn't belong to the criminals and the corrupt."
"Don't be afraid Bruce. You are just an ordinary man in a cape! That's why you couldn't fight injustice and that's why you can't stop this train!"
"I won't kill you... But I don't have to save you."
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."
The Prestige
"Oh, you think I can live like this? You think I bloody enjoy, living like this?"
"See, sacrifice, Robert. That's the price of a good trick. But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"
"If I can see you kissing your wife's leg every night, so can the blokes at the ends of row 3 and 4."
"Saves me cutting you an air-hole."
"Society tolerates only one change at a time."
The Dark Knight
"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance."
"Because you were the best of us. He wanted to prove that even someone as good as you could fall."
"Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan." But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!"
"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me. Set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
Inception
"I miss you more than I could bare, but we had our time together and I have to let you go. I have to let you go."
"Come back... so we can be young men together again. Come back with me..."
"Guilt. I feel guilt, Mal. No matter what I do, no...no matter how hopeless I am, no matter how confused, that guilt is always there reminding of the truth."
"A bit too much free champagne before take off, hey Yusuf?"
"The seed that we plant in this man's mind will grow into an idea. This idea will define him. It may come to change...well, it may come to change everything about him. "
The Dark Knight Rises
"I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you, except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do."
"We will destroy Gotham." (That line still gives me chills every time)
"It means your hatred... and it also means losing someone that I have cared for since I first heard his cries echo through this house. "
"'Innocent' is a strong word to throw around Gotham, Bruce."
"And do you accept this man's resignation? Do you accept the resignation of all these liars? Of all the CORRUPT?"
"That's a lovely, lovely voice."

Death does not wait for you to be ready! Death is not considerate or fair. And make no mistake, here you face, death.
You thought we could be decent men, in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world is chance... unbiased, unprejudiced, fair.

Anything Eames is pretty priceless, but I can't think of any specific ones at the moment.

I have a soft spot for all of CIA Douches dialogue.

It's not about money... it's about sending a message.