Christopher Nolan on The Academy Awards

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
http://m.latinospost.com/articles/1974/ ... r-2012.htm
When asked about the Oscars, Nolan responded, "This is how I honestly feel: I've been nominated for an Oscar three times. My films have had more than 20 nominations. The Academy has honored my films in spectacular fashion, and I couldn't be happier."

He added, "You don't take on Batman as a character because you think you'll win a prize. That's absurd. We want this to be the most exciting, emotionally engaging, and enjoyable blockbuster an audience can see this summer. I'm happy with it. It's the film I wanted to make. I look at what everyone has done, and I think they've done a good job."

He also added that Oscars did not owe him anything and stated that while it would be terrific to win one "at the end of the day, they owe Stanley Kubrick and Alfred Hitchcock a lot more than me, you know what I mean?" The reference of course is to the fact that the Academy never awarded either master for any of their classic films.

What a boss.

gib sigs

Neizar wrote:http://m.latinospost.com/articles/1974/ ... r-2012.htm
When asked about the Oscars, Nolan responded, "This is how I honestly feel: I've been nominated for an Oscar three times. My films have had more than 20 nominations. The Academy has honored my films in spectacular fashion, and I couldn't be happier."

He added, "You don't take on Batman as a character because you think you'll win a prize. That's absurd. We want this to be the most exciting, emotionally engaging, and enjoyable blockbuster an audience can see this summer. I'm happy with it. It's the film I wanted to make. I look at what everyone has done, and I think they've done a good job."

He also added that Oscars did not owe him anything and stated that while it would be terrific to win one "at the end of the day, they owe Stanley Kubrick and Alfred Hitchcock a lot more than me, you know what I mean?" The reference of course is to the fact that the Academy never awarded either master for any of their classic films.
I love this man. /wipes away tear/

Neizar wrote:http://m.latinospost.com/articles/1974/ ... r-2012.htm

Good guy Nolan. :clap:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

What a fantastic fellow.
Do you... like pineapple?

Spoken like a true gentleman.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

:clap:

He also added that Oscars did not owe him anything
Not everything, not yet.

That's why he's my favorite director man. That's my director