What made you frown today?

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
BlairCo wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:Darren Aronofsky's Batman: Year One script by Frank Miller.
http://leonscripts.users5.50megs.com/sc ... script.htm
Why did it make you frown?
It's just a bad script. This was the first time i actually had time to read it.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:
BlairCo wrote: Why did it make you frown?
I've read a bit of it and it sounds very fitting for Aronofsky's style. It is really dark, but it was written before Nolan was hired to pen the screenplay for Batman Begins.

BlairCo wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:
I've read a bit of it and it sounds very fitting for Aronofsky's style. It is really dark, but it was written before Nolan was hired to pen the screenplay for Batman Begins.
It would be fitting for Darren's style.....if it wasn't called Batman. Its more of a twisted remake of Taxi Driver(if Travis Bickle was Batman). Darren basically stripped all the unique elements of Batman. Thank god Chris Nolan stepped in.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

I think that Darren Aronofsky should try and come up with an original superhero film, but dissect the psychology of a superhero. And also, use some of the elements that Frank Millar used in the script and they could form a pretty good film. But I guess I just want the script to good somewhere.

Possible Unbreakable-related spoilers ahead (but not really):

In a way, I thought that Unbreakable was one of the best superhero films. It had a number of flaws but it really did work for me, and there was this wonderful sense of reality and drama. I wish it didn't have the rushed ending- and that M. Night Shyamalan got to make a sequel so he could have rounded off a fantastic concept.
Do you... like pineapple?

I met a Romanian today at work. Took him 5 minutes though to tell me where he came from. He was calm and collected chap. But right after I asked "Where are you from?" he suddenly raged and went "WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MATTER?" To which I replied "Wut?". Then he went on raging about how he hated Africans, and so much random bullshit he could only remind me of one person. I will remember this day for the rest of my life.

tykjen wrote:I met a Romanian today at work. Took him 5 minutes though to tell me where he came from. He was calm and collected chap. But right after I asked "Where are you from?" he suddenly raged and went "WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MATTER?" To which I replied "Wut?". Then he went on raging about how he hated Africans, and so much random bullshit he could only remind me of one person. I will remember this day for the rest of my life.
Who was that one person?

Racist people really scare the shit out of me and I have had two pretty dramatic encounters with a skin heads in High School that could have turned really violent if a teacher wasn't there.

That what I get for for saying something when bullshit is spewed I guess. *KanyeShrug*

the fact that The Avengers thread has 227 pages
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:the fact that The Avengers thread has 227 pages
Blame IWatchMoviesNotFilms.