Riot and Appreciation Threads

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Allstar wrote:
Actors and directors, not involved with a Nolan film, can have a thread made only in the Entertainment section:
-Any actor or director that is currently involved in a film (or any other entertainment platform) will be discussed in that certain thread and will not be allowed to have a thread dedicated solely to them.
-Actors and directors that are either deceased or retired can warrant a thread about them.
So basically you cannot make a thread on any working actor/director?

PS- I think it does not make too much sense if you want to make a thread for an actor in a Nolan film that the thread has to be in the section of the film they were in. If I want to discuss Leonardo DiCaprio... Inception will barely be brought up... :JGLface:
Alrighty, thanks for the input.

Updated the first post.

Chee wrote:Any actor or director that is currently involved in a film (or any other entertainment platform) will be discussed in that certain thread and will not be allowed to have a thread dedicated solely to them.
This is very restrictive.

I want a thread about Edward Zwick that discusses his style and his career as a whole. Doing that in, say, the Love and Other Drugs thread would make it veer off-topic.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
Chee wrote:Any actor or director that is currently involved in a film (or any other entertainment platform) will be discussed in that certain thread and will not be allowed to have a thread dedicated solely to them.
This is very restrictive.

I want a thread about Edward Zwick that discusses his style and his career as a whole. Doing that in, say, the Love and Other Drugs thread would make it veer off-topic.
Yeah, I changed it.

Crazy Eight wrote:You know you spend too much time on Nolan Fans when you write a short essay discussing the various philosophical stances on Appreciation threads.
Solo fer mod!
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on February 4th, 2012, 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I blame Fernando.

chee wrote:
Cilogy wrote: This is very restrictive.

Yeah, I changed it.
Another suggestion... I am not sure the entertainment section is the right place for appreciation threads.. The entertainment section is already pretty crowded and with a lot of appreciation threads it will just become cluster fuck IMO.

Allstar wrote:
chee wrote:
Yeah, I changed it.
Another suggestion... I am not sure the entertainment section is the right place for appreciation threads.. The entertainment section is already pretty crowded and with a lot of appreciation threads it will just become cluster fuck IMO.
Since they are actors and directors, I think they belong in the entertainment section.