Football Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Posts: 9001
Joined: March 2011
Z. Cobb wrote:Let just say i'm a Chelsea Fan... but not so die hard... I enjoy football in general especially the Champions League.
Bad result tonight eh? What do you think of Andre Villas Boas? I'm not so sure he's got much longer left. Abramovich loves to chop and change managers far too often to get any sort of stability at the club.

Posts: 730
Joined: July 2011
Location: Thuringia
Dream-Xtractor wrote: Gomez is definitley in red hot form but van Persie has cored 33 goals in the calendar year so far.
I don't know how many goals Gomez made in 2011 ... always just counting in seasons. But he scored 28 goals in 32 league matches in 2010/11, so it wouldn't be too few.
Not only does he score, he chips in with his fair share of assists. Superb player.
Counting the assists also he may be better than Gomez. He just ain't the assist kind of guy.
Still, I think Messi and Ronaldo have better scores than both Gomez and Van Persie.
Bayern are going good though, despite the little setback on the weekend against Dortmund.
We were going brillant until Schweini broke his collarbone against Napoli three weeks ago. He is our leader and playmaker and the only one we can't replace. So the plan's basically not to mess it up too much until the winter break and attack again next year when he's back. We want to win all three competitions we're in.

Arsenals seems not to be doing too well in the PL, are they? I would tell you it gets better but I can't for you have Merte now. He's a potential threat in every defense :lol:

Posts: 7305
Joined: June 2010
Location: London town, UK
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Z. Cobb wrote:Let just say i'm a Chelsea Fan... but not so die hard... I enjoy football in general especially the Champions League.
Bad result tonight eh? What do you think of Andre Villas Boas? I'm not so sure he's got much longer left. Abramovich loves to chop and change managers far too often to get any sort of stability at the club.
i don't really know what to make it... its not a good situation. Our defence has been disgusting all season. i guess the high line system doesn't fit in with the team. Its way too soon to change... he has only had a handful of games. its a difficult task, trying to reshape a team with so many big egos. Abramovich is not patient, and he himself has been Chelsea's downfall. I mean getting rid of Mourinho was a mistake and not getting Hiddink was one too. we;ll see.

Posts: 42068
Joined: May 2010
Z. Cobb wrote:i don't really know what to make it... its not a good situation. Our defence has been disgusting all season. i guess the high line system doesn't fit in with the team. Its way too soon to change... he has only had a handful of games. its a difficult task, trying to reshape a team with so many big egos. Abramovich is not patient, and he himself has been Chelsea's downfall. I mean getting rid of Mourinho was a mistake and not getting Hiddink was one too. we;ll see.
Was One Day any good?

Posts: 3668
Joined: June 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Being from Alabama soccer wasn't what I was raised on. I do respect and admire the sport though. It's one of the few truly international sports and breaks the barriers between countries. I'm a Seattle Sounders and United States soccer fan. Roll Tide.

Posts: 9001
Joined: March 2011
redfan wrote:Counting the assists also he may be better than Gomez. He just ain't the assist kind of guy.
Still, I think Messi and Ronaldo have better scores than both Gomez and Van Persie.
No he isn't, just a typical poacher like van Nistelrooy. Messi and Ronaldo are way ahead of the pack though - two best players in world football by some distance.
We were going brillant until Schweini broke his collarbone against Napoli three weeks ago. He is our leader and playmaker and the only one we can't replace. So the plan's basically not to mess it up too much until the winter break and attack again next year when he's back. We want to win all three competitions we're in.
Bastian has been linked with several clubs over the years - i'd love to have him at Arsenal, such a classy player. Do you see him leaving anytime soon?
Arsenals seems not to be doing too well in the PL, are they?


We had a torrid start to the season, mostly stemming from the Fabregas and Nasri transfer sagas. Once they were gone we had to tie up some deals on transfer deadline day to try and reshape our squad a bit. After the 8-2 hammering we took from Man Utd everyone was tipping us to finish in the bottom half and for Wenger to get sacked or resign. But credit to him and the team, we've won 5 on the trot in the league and are looking a much more solid unit. I don't think we'll win the league as Man City are looking rather formidable but we are definitely in the mix for the final CL spot.
I would tell you it gets better but I can't for you have Merte now. He's a potential threat in every defense :lol:
Mertesacker has done okay to be fair. He made a cock up on Saturday against Norwich and needs to adapt to the pace of the Premier League but what he brings is vast experience and much needed height, something we've lacked over recent years. It helps when he's paired up with someone like Vermaelen who's by far our best defender and can cover his ass if he fucks up again. :lol:

Z. Cobb wrote:I don't really know what to make it... its not a good situation. Our defence has been disgusting all season. i guess the high line system doesn't fit in with the team. Its way too soon to change... he has only had a handful of games. its a difficult task, trying to reshape a team with so many big egos. Abramovich is not patient, and he himself has been Chelsea's downfall. I mean getting rid of Mourinho was a mistake and not getting Hiddink was one too. we;ll see.
This is where he's been tactically naive. I don't think you have the players to adopt such a tactic and teams are getting in behind you with so much ease it's staggering.

Posts: 21411
Joined: June 2010
Location: All-Hail Master Virgo, Censor of NolanFans
lmao @ Chelsea...
lmao @ Inter...
lmao @ Valencia...
lmao @ Shakhtar...
lmao @ Milan...

Posts: 9001
Joined: March 2011
The Milan-Barcelona game was quality but Barca are a bunch of fucking divers.

Posts: 22390
Joined: May 2010
Location: Castle
yeah but...

Image

Posts: 9001
Joined: March 2011
Dodd wrote:yeah but...

Image
Leave please, you're poisoning the thread.

Post Reply