Football Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
The Women's world cup starts today in Paris. The two favorites are USA and Germany, but Japan, England and France who organizes the competition could also triumph.
Also, about sport and women, if you watched the semi-final of Roland Garros Vondrousova-Konta, it was an absolute shame in terms of organisation and planning.

Rooting big time for Spain myself. Will try and watch all their games. I think I did so with Women's Euro.

Master Virgo wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 10:08 am
Rooting big time for Spain myself. Will try and watch all their games. I think I did so with Women's Euro.
Spain faces Germany during the group phase, and if Spain finishes second, which is the most likely scenario, they will play against USA in the round of 16... Not very lucky... But I would root for Spain against USA (because the winner will play France in quarter-final, and I'd rather not see France play too early against Alex Morgan :lol: :lol: )
Anyway, stadium was full yesterday for France-South Korea (45 000) and more than 10 millions people watched the match at home in France! It's a great start, except for the video assistance which is as shitty as always.

So what's funny is both the USWNT and USMNT are just boring to watch, but for two very different reasons.

Like, the former smashes every opponent so hard that they've won by the 50th minute ... and the latter plays like they've never seen a football before lol

And yet the USMNT gets more funding, attention, and scrutiny.

It's crazy.

I mean, 13-0 against Thailand.

they're so fucking good

MUH THAI LADIES :(

So proud of Spain. Their much promising next generation will finish what this one started.

Oh snap! South Africa knocked the AFCON hosts Egypt :shock: I fear for their lives yo.

but seriously, my boys dominated that game and gave little opportunity to the Pharoahs. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Master Virgo wrote:Nomis get over yourself, you oversensitive Dutchman
Master Virgo wrote:Have a good one you Dutch bitch.