This forum is quickly dying.

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
This used to be a great forum. Detailed discussions, friendly behaviour, a genuine feeling of belonging, if you get what I mean. I admit, I've gone "off the rails" on occasions. The riots, the "Union", some arguments with fellow members. But don't you realise what the forum has become? You probably won't care. "Oh, it's just a forum, don't take it seriously" and what not. Well no, this is a site dedicated to Christopher Nolan, it's a place to discuss HIS films and HIS achievements, as well as other forms of entertainment and what not. But lately, within the last two months in particular, the forum has slowly been spinning out of control. I feel like we are no longer focused on Nolan, and more concerned over which members should or shouldn't be banned and if Tom Hardy is better than fucking Fassbender. It's become a joke and all those who come here must really laugh at some of the idiots who troll and repeat the same old tiring gags. It's actually worse than IMDB in some cases. We've had members banned on several occasions because of this nonsense, we've had members leave for periods of time, we've had massive arguments attacking each other personally, which forces other members to intervene and cause flames wars. It's pathetic.

Now, we need to get this forum back on track. People (including myself at times) need to stop acting like complete pricks, start respecting other members, speak in friendly manners and focus on detailed issues instead of making stupid threads and repeating lame jokes in every damn thread.

Just think about it. That was my small rant, and in return, I'd actually like some sort of genuine response for a change instead of idiots trashing this thread with lame responses or stupid meme's.

Not that anyone will care. :neutral:

This kind of thing generally happens on any forum once members become really comfortable. I've seen the same thing happen on forums of similar size and activity to this one.
Last edited by TheArchitect on September 30th, 2011, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:clap:

Lets do what Nolan would do.

Report You

Reported

I care Mason! :D
And I agree on a lot of your points, although I haven't been around long enough to know what it was like before I joined. Some of the jokes are funny at first, and I get it-but some threads get way off topic or become nonsensical, and you can't find the relevant info you're looking for. I think the opinions of others should be respected, whether it's the recent "Leo can't or can transform" thing or about other topics in general. Of course things can get heated, and if good discussions come out of it, it's fine. Sometimes, I think newer members aren't as open to posting their opinions because of how they might be responded to. I can go toe-to-toe with anyone, so it doesn't bug me, but since we are on a board of Nolan's namesake, having a respectable board would be a great thing.

CaliKid329 wrote::clap:

Report You

Reported
Dude, stop.

Yeah, this typically happens on boards once members start getting to know eachother better, then mods step in (that have been all but missing since school began it seems), try to get things back on topic, nobody listens, they delete posts, we get mad for unlawfully deleted posts, then people get upset. It's a vicious cycle that can destroy entire boards, and I've seen it happen on several occasions of what otherwise were long-lasting boards.

I largely agree with this, as I've been saying it for months and months. Literally. I'm far from alone in this, and there's a very good reason many of the board's regulars stopped coming as often. Roman flat out left because of how fucking retarded much of the board got, for instance.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote::clap:

Report You

Reported
Dude, stop.

Yeah, this typically happens on boards once members start getting to know eachother better, then mods step in (that have been all but missing since school began it seems), try to get things back on topic, nobody listens, they delete posts, we get mad for unlawfully deleted posts, then people get upset. It's a vicious cycle that can destroy entire boards, and I've seen it happen on several occasions of what otherwise were long-lasting boards.

I largely agree with this, as I've been saying it for months and months. Literally. I'm far from alone in this, and there's a very good reason many of the board's regulars stopped coming as often. Roman flat out left because of how f***ing retarded much of the board got, for instance.

-Vader

Don't call me dude, pal!

Vader182 wrote:Roman flat out left because of how fucking retarded much of the board got, for instance.

-Vader
Source?

Roman flat out left because of how fucking retarded much of the board got, for instance.
He was a clown thank god he left.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Roman flat out left because of how fucking retarded much of the board got, for instance.

-Vader
Source?
I know you're just trolling, but I'll answer anyway. Not only has he said so multiple times in a wide range of instances on here, but to me, online.

-Vader

allstarr55js wrote:
Roman flat out left because of how f***ing retarded much of the board got, for instance.
He was a clown thank god he left.
+1