NFL Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Allstar wrote:
December 30th, 2018, 9:35 pm
Big Dick Nick has done it again!!!! What if he wins another Super Bowl?! Will Philly fans still want him out?

https://twitter.com/jeffskversky/status ... 02401?s=21

https://twitter.com/jclarknbcs/status/1 ... 99905?s=21

Wow!
On the off chance that you're not entirely trolling I just want to point out that that's meaningless trivia that only has a place in the empty worlds of social media and sports commentary. Foles is basically Joe Flacco without the consistency and a weaker arm. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Flacco#NFL_records
Flacco also had these weird moments of brilliance within a pretty average statistical career "Fastest quarterback to record five touchdowns in a game: 16:03". Foles couldn't hold on to the starting job for the Rams even when he had Todd Gurley and he was only two seasons removed from his fluke 27 to 2 TD to INT season. In fantasy football I would always sell on these kinds of players so I don't blame Philly people for trying to do the same, especially since they already got rid of him before and then they got him back for free because he sucked. Speaking of TD/INT ratio Wentz has a better ratio in spite of being the gunslinger out of the two. Wentz also happens to have more career TD passes than Foles which is kind of embarrassing since Wentz has been in the league for only three years and has only played one full season during his rookie year. Ask San Diego/LA if they regret giving up on Brees because of his injuries. I think the only reason why I'm humoring your NFC East rivalry anxiety/trolling is because I have a soft spot for poor health/injury stories.

Speaking of San Diego/LA I'm hoping for a Chargers vs. Saints superbowl since both QBs have a weird history with the Chargers management and they've both been shafted in terms of getting the credit they deserve. Rams vs. Chiefs, Seahawks vs. Texans or any combination of the teams I've mentioned would be great. Wilson and Watson both have terrible O-lines, they only get by because of their legs and they both combined for 1k yards when they faced each other last year. I don't think the Rams and the Chiefs ever punted when they played each other earlier this season so that would be good.

i'd give Foles more credit than dafox does, and i love the dude, so it's hard for me to criticize him

but Wentz has been consistently good since his rookie year, and was the MVP of the league until his ACL tear last year. Foles has been rocky his entire career, has never played a full season, and his lows have been much lower than the worst game of Carson's season this year. look, if they win another Superbowl with Foles it's a different discussion, but that's a long ways away, and even if they lose the NFC Championship game, Wentz still has to be the starter. he's the better quarterback. this whole discussion is rooted almost entirely in recency bias and "what have you done for me lately"

again, i hate criticizing Foles, but this narrative that he's a better player than Wentz is annoying - especially when coming from non-Eagles fans. i don't know why the defense has suddenly decided to show up under Foles, and i don't know why the o-line is actually giving him time to throw the ball (which was an extreme rarity for Wentz this season), but regardless, i'm just hoping for one playoff win and that a good team picks Foles up to start (except the Giants, that'd kill me)

Big Dick does it again! When will Philly fans accept him as their own?

I don't follow NFL that closely, but Philly fans want Foley out?!

Isn't he like the entire reason for why they have a title at all?

Cilogy wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 9:34 pm
I don't follow NFL that closely, but Philly fans want Foley out?!

Isn't he like the entire reason for why they have a title at all?
Yes and yes.

lets get it Rams! Cowboys weak af

ayyyyyyy :D

This was surprisingly easy for my Pats; I don't think anyone expected them to just ram through their opponent, based only on how they played in the entire season. I actually think this was one their most dominant games this season. But the Chiefs will be tough to beat - I don't have high hopes, but on the other hand, no one had high hopes for Brady and the team in the Super Bowl against the Falcons, down 3-28... so yeah, it will be an amazing game, I'm sure, looking forward to it, and if the Chiefs beat them, I think it will be a fair ending for the Patriots' season.

If it wasn’t for Jeffrey dropping an easy one Big Dick would have done it again.