NFL Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.

LOL that's the first thing that came to mind.

Can someone please explain to me why Brett Favre is such a beloved QB?

Is it his alright but not great QBR? Is it because he only broke the TD record because he played so many freakin seasons? Is it because he has so many damn interceptions but some people somehow still overlook that and only see how many TDs he has? Is it because he won a Superbowl, but several other QBs have won at least one (Eli Manning for example)?

I was talking to someone about this and their best reasons were that he won a superbowl and that he was a tough player. My favorite is the tough player part, like that has something to do with how good you are.

PowerDump wrote:Can someone please explain to me why Brett Favre is such a beloved QB?

Is it his alright but not great QBR? Is it because he only broke the TD record because he played so many freakin seasons? Is it because he has so many damn interceptions but some people somehow still overlook that and only see how many TDs he has? Is it because he won a Superbowl, but several other QBs have won at least one (Eli Manning for example)?

I was talking to someone about this and their best reasons were that he won a superbowl and that he was a tough player. My favorite is the tough player part, like that has something to do with how good you are.
yea it def does actually

PowerDump wrote:Can someone please explain to me why Brett Favre is such a beloved QB?

He was a tough-as-nails gunslinger who helped deliver the first title in nearly thirty years for the most historic franchise in the the sport, before the social media era that gives a platform to the overly vocal minority of "sports fans" that shout down the achievements of virtually every halfway successful pro-athlete. He wasn't the greatest ever, he wasn't the Packers' greatest ever, but his lasting popularity isn't rocket science.

Part of it is the media specifically Madden over-love and over-dramatizing almost everything he did. He is barely in my top 10 QBs of all time. I think he gets too much love. He's one of the best of his era and played for a long time and set most of the all time QB records she obviously he deserves the praise but those two INTs in the NFC Champ game that sealed his teams fates can't be forgotten. That's my two cents on him. Great QB, a top 10 QB but not the greatest of all time.

Hating on Based Brett is a shameful display

ChristNolan wrote:Hating on Based Brett is a shameful display
Yeah no one's hating on him. Honest opinions. Saying someone is hating on Brett when they aren't is a shameful display.

You should be asking that about Troy Aikman. Him being a Hall of Famer is hilarious, he almost had a 1 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio for his career while having the best skills position duo ever in Irvin and Emmitt Smith. Russell Wilson has a 3 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio and he plays in a similar run oriented offense as Troy did (aside from this year) and he has one of the weaker receiving groups in the league.