Best scene ever.

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
steveportee wrote:
That scene did actually blow me away. The Prestige has a lot of good scenes.

The interrogation scene in TDK is pretty high above all the rest for me. It reminds me of reading the best bits of the comics perfectly translated on screen

The first killing/basement scenes in Zodiac.

I've long considered this list, perhaps a top five of my favorite scenes ever, but to be completely honest, they just change so rapidly it's almost impossible to narrow it down. But here's a few, and TV doesn't count.

1.) Luke Skywalker starring out at the twin suns on Tatooine as the music swells. This is probably my favorite scene. Ever.

2.) Frodo and Sam literally crawling their way up to Mount Doom. This is probably the most I've ever cried at a film, period. Unbelievable. Their journey, our journey... just... wow.

3.) "It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I realized there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -This scene from American Beauty.

4.) The walk from the plane to his home and thus his children in Inception. I was personally deeply invested in the narrative, and that music... gets me every time.

5.) The stargate sequence from 2001: A Space Odyssey. Terribly horrifying the first viewing.

Runnerups:
The Dark Knight's interogation scene, a million other scenes from Star Wars/LotR, rooftop scene from Blade Runner, ending of Ikiru, car ride in Se7en, the big moment(s) in Oldboy.

-Vader

1.) Luke Skywalker starring out at the twin suns on Tatooine as the music swells. This is probably my favorite scene. Ever.

yes totally iconic!

4.) The walk from the plane to his home and thus his children in Inception. I was personally deeply invested in the narrative, and that music... gets me every time.

Its the kid thats shouts... look what i have been building... :(

I will add Never let me Go... the film has some really intense emotional burst, it just rips you right open, you'll know which ones.

and of course... the moment that is

Damn, love Memento's ending scene so much.

Now, where was I?

Mason01 wrote:Damn, love Memento's ending scene so much.

Now, where was I?
its that haunting quote that gets me every time.

"You're a John G, so you can be my John G"

Z. Cobb wrote:1.) Luke Skywalker starring out at the twin suns on Tatooine as the music swells. This is probably my favorite scene. Ever.

yes totally iconic!
It's one amazing scene. And that music gives me shivers every time.