High thread ☮ ♥ :)

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
I definitely agree and it's been a pet peeve of mine especially in things like Star Trek where the tech is so "of the time".

But I feel like the tech in 2001 would have been considered pretty advanced at least for while after the film's release.

Like, the video conferencing thing wasn't widely available until recently. And that too, it happens in space. The guy communicates from a space station to Earth, which still isn't commercially available, let alone the fact people can't travel casually from Earth to a space station yet either.

I think this happens largely because we just have no idea what kinds of tech will be available in the future. Like its beyond our understanding.

Like, Kubrick and others would not have guessed that we'd be going around with handheld devices that do almost everything for us.

I watched A Clockwork Orange fucking stoned and was like "Wow, this is soooo CRAZY!"
Same with Shinning, but insert SCARY.

The only part of 2001 that really got to me while stoned was when he starts to shut down HAL. I was like "Holy shit he is inside his brain, slowly taking it apart.. and he can feel it!"

Sounds like such a horrible death.

Oh god I watched Mother high and still haven't recovered.

Weed is now legal in my country (for private use).