Hollywoo Crushes III: They’ll Never Bang Us

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Johnson was fantastic in Suspiria

She's a fantastic actress and fuck yes, she'd be a fantastic Catwoman.

Ruth wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 5:55 pm
A part of the issue has to be that men... kind of hate when women get to have their spin on sexual fantasy in film and that sort of shit. Actresses can be hot and naked as long as they fully submerge to the male gaze, otherwise it’s trash, slutty and stupid. Not saying 50 shades are in any way empowering or even good. But you know it’s true.

Ruth wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 5:55 pm
I don’t think Dornan has ever garnered hate to a degree Dakota has. I wonder why... So yeah, these examples are pretty spot on lol. Pattinson got away “easier” because he openly showed strong disdain towards those films. Johnson, iirc, pretty much “owned” 50 shades and showed zero shame or embarrassment for doing them. And honestly? That’s pretty great, and I say that as someone who disliked the first film (the only one I saw). A part of the issue has to be that men... kind of hate when women get to have their spin on sexual fantasy in film and that sort of shit. Actresses can be hot and naked as long as they fully submerge to the male gaze, otherwise it’s trash, slutty and stupid. Not saying 50 shades are in any way empowering or even good. But you know it’s true.

Besides, even when guys get “hate”, it has to be pretty unfortunate for them to start getting insults aimed at their appearance. For actresses, it’s probably so fucking normal at this point.

Dakota was great in El Royale and I can’t wait for Suspiria too. She’s in for a good career imo. And she lowkey makes me want to get bangs lmao
I think you're in a bubble. Looking at it from the outside in (I don't really go to gossip websites and I don't read too much into comments) I've seen more negative comments about Dornan being a wooden actor than I have of Johnson's. I really haven't noticed more hate towards Stewart than Pattinson or that wolf guy who I think got it the worst, basically becoming a meme. The only time I saw Stewart getting some serious hate was when she was having an affair with a married man which is a shitty thing to do. And yes, she got undeservingly more hate than he did for that but I'm not sure if it was because she was a woman or because she was simply 100 times more famous than he was. Maybe a bit of both but you can't deny her fame was a crucial factor in how much more hate she got.

Still when it comes to bad performances, I think actors are judged pretty equally, independently of their sex. I remember people really hating on Channing Tatum back in the day. Does Michael Keaton or Ben Affleck being Batman ring a bell? I could go on. I think you're looking way too much into it.

^what bubble? I don’t browse gossip websites either, those are like an entirely different universe lol. Most of what I’ve seen was where you’d normally see film/celebrity discussion or comments on the internet.

Never said male actors or celebrities don’t deal with hate. They do and it’s fucking awful, and it’d be horrible to allude that it’s somehow “better” than what women deal with. I was, however, talking mostly about this specific issue, which I still stand by my words. Whether or not I’m “looking too much into it” remains to be seen, given several members agreed with me, but I’m not looking to start an argument. Just posted my two cents.

The bubble of your way of thinking. It can be your friends or online activity like the websites and content you visit. Almost everybody now has one of their own bubbles because of online algorithms.

If your activity is very political then you'll be fed the same content over and over again. Mine really isn't political but for some period of time, after The Last Jedi I guess, I used to get almost exclusively anti-SJW videos in my recommended videos on youtube (not even connected to movies), just because I saw some unfavorable reviews of the movie. I can see how such a bubble can influence people. It definitely influences me in how I perceive the importance of entertainment - that's pretty much my bubble. That, basketball and recently "how cats aren't really dicks" ;)

Gal has such a great smile. It makes you smile!

£

🕷

£