NFometer

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Cilogy wrote:lol I gave Gravity an 8.5

wowzer
As did I. I would change lots of these.

Some much needed perspective in this thread:

-Many movies have a totally different feeling inside a movie theater. 2001: A Space Odyssey, a movie I'd seen a dozen times, felt completely new in 70mm. Sunset Boulevard, Blue Velvet, Tarkovsky, etc, these are movies that have a sense of visual and emotional scale you simply can't get at home. In contrast, Fincher has stated he frames and edits his films to be suited for home theaters since he knows that's where most will discover his movies.

-Moreover, many movies capture a cultural zeitgeist that's no longer there. That doesn't "invalidate" your feelings about a movie at the time, and it doesn't mean you 'got it wrong." It just means the context changed. IE how a movie 'ages.' While I hope Zero Dark Thirty will be the artful historical document for our era that All the President's Men was for the 70s, I'm positive that movie made so much more resonance with audiences in 76 and 77 than it does for me today.

-I think it's important to preserve and respect the way movies make you feel at the time in a cinema. It speaks to a certain kind of power movies have in a venue and context that's often not repeatable. That makes those experiences more special and interesting, not something to 'reverse.'

-Vader

yall crazy my ratings are perfect

OMG, Nomis has found this thread. I'm doomed now. Daily updates are now in order I presume.£

Bacon wrote:

wowzer
what would you change in this?
Bacon wrote:I saw it last night and liked it.
It's no Nolan film, but it was very enjoyable. I don't get why everyone's saying it was bad.
I couldn't see any flaws except that the script was a little much.
I enjoyed it just as much as The Incredible Hulk.
And it's good to see a DC character get on the big screen.
My verdict: 4/5 stars
-baconboy on green lantern (2011)

Master Virgo wrote:OMG, Nomis has found this thread. I'm doomed now. Daily updates are now in order I presume.£
You brought this down upon yourself though

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nomis wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:OMG, Nomis has found this thread. I'm doomed now. Daily updates are now in order I presume.£

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

£

Great job with this though! Felt like someone should say that.

Master Virgo wrote:
Nomis wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

£

Pratham wrote:
Bacon wrote:

wowzer
what would you change in this?
Bacon wrote:I saw it last night and liked it.
It's no Nolan film, but it was very enjoyable. I don't get why everyone's saying it was bad.
I couldn't see any flaws except that the script was a little much.
I enjoyed it just as much as The Incredible Hulk.
And it's good to see a DC character get on the big screen.
My verdict: 4/5 stars
-baconboy on green lantern (2011)
I mean, I wouldn't give it 4/5 but I still kind of stand by that I don't think it was the bad film everyone was talking about. I was also like 13 or 14 when I saw that.