NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Posts: 22410
Joined: May 2010
Location: Castle
NBA season is a quarter old. Here are some general thoughts:

- Clippers are really fun to watch and deserving of their success, but this isn't sustainable. Harris is playing like a super star and is having insane efficiency, hope it continues. Gallo is on fire from deep and Montrezl Harrell is looking like a lock for MIP.

- Wizards are a train wreck and they have nothing but themselves to blame for handing out insanely overpiad contracts

- Lakers look like they are having a good groove but LeBron has no surrounding cast to make a deep playoff run.

- Blake Griffin has re-tooled his game and is playing like an allstar and is on the fringe of the MVP conversation

- Not sure if Raptors are the real deal tbh

- Luka is a lock for ROY

Posts: 3292
Joined: October 2014
Location: Philly
is there any serious discussion where Embiid isn't MVP so far this season?

Posts: 22410
Joined: May 2010
Location: Castle
Michaelf2225 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 1:20 pm
is there any serious discussion where Embiid isn't MVP so far this season?
I'm seeing Giannis as the MVP fav at the moment on most charts

Posts: 42128
Joined: May 2010
Michaelf2225 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 1:20 pm
is there any serious discussion where Embiid isn't MVP so far this season?
:facepalm: Greek Freak

Take your fanboy blinders off.

Posts: 2352
Joined: June 2011
Allstar wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 8:27 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 1:20 pm
is there any serious discussion where Embiid isn't MVP so far this season?
:facepalm: Greek Freak

Take your fanboy blinders off.
Embiid is in the MVP discussions. 13 games with 30 or more points and 10 or more rebounds and six games with at least 30 and 15. I'd say he's in the MVP discussion so far. There's no fanboy blinders about that. :roll:

Posts: 42128
Joined: May 2010
bootsy wrote:
November 29th, 2018, 12:18 am
Allstar wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 8:27 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 1:20 pm
is there any serious discussion where Embiid isn't MVP so far this season?
:facepalm: Greek Freak

Take your fanboy blinders off.
Embiid is in the MVP discussions. 13 games with 30 or more points and 10 or more rebounds and six games with at least 30 and 15. I'd say he's in the MVP discussion so far. There's no fanboy blinders about that. :roll:
That wasn’t his statement. He IS in the mix. The problem was he was saying nobody else is in the discussion which is absurdly false.

Posts: 3292
Joined: October 2014
Location: Philly
i don't see the problem

Posts: 42128
Joined: May 2010
Michaelf2225 wrote:
November 29th, 2018, 1:04 pm
i don't see the problem
I mean I guess that is okay as long as you’re cool being objectively wrong. Greek Freak has essentially same numbers and is on a way less stacked team yet better record. He’s clearly more valuable.

Posts: 3292
Joined: October 2014
Location: Philly
Image

Posts: 2352
Joined: June 2011
Allstar wrote:
November 29th, 2018, 4:14 am
bootsy wrote:
November 29th, 2018, 12:18 am
Allstar wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 8:27 pm


:facepalm: Greek Freak

Take your fanboy blinders off.
Embiid is in the MVP discussions. 13 games with 30 or more points and 10 or more rebounds and six games with at least 30 and 15. I'd say he's in the MVP discussion so far. There's no fanboy blinders about that. :roll:
That wasn’t his statement. He IS in the mix. The problem was he was saying nobody else is in the discussion which is absurdly false.
That wasn't his statement. He was simply saying he thinks Embiid is the MVP so far. The absurdity is arguing about MVP in freaking November.

Post Reply