NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Magic Johnson stepped down? What happened to “Showtime Lakers”? What the hell is going on in general there lol?

This Lakers season has been nothing short of an abomination. I’m really curious if they’ll be able to get anyone in the off-season. Show me a more toxic environment than what Lebron created there for any team in any sport the last 10 years?

They should have a lot of cap room but damn, who wants to go there lmao?

Dirk Nowitzki, you’re talent and passion for basketball is only surpassed by your humility, and loyalty. It has been a privilege to root and look up to you. Cheers ✌️

Frankthetank wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 1:40 am
Dirk Nowitzki, you’re talent and passion for basketball is only surpassed by your humility, and loyalty. It has been a privilege to root and look up to you. Cheers ✌️
I’m sure Dirk will see this.

Frankthetank wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 1:40 am
Thank you Frank, it means a lot to me.

Good to see Kyle Lowry return to playoff form and cost the Raptors the game lol.

Steph Curry always makes the Clippers his bitch

Wow, what a comeback by Clippers. What an absolute monstrous choke by Golden State.

PowerDump wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 1:29 am
Wow, what a comeback by Clippers. What an absolute monstrous choke by Golden State.
Almost went to bad and then when I saw the Clippers had it down to 4 I knew I had to watch. Glad I did. Unbelievable.

bootsy wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:39 pm
PowerDump wrote:
Almost went to bad and then when I saw the Clippers had it down to 4 I knew I had to watch. Glad I did. Unbelievable.
When I typed up the previous message about Curry, they had a 23 point lead and thought there is no way they are losing, it’s just impossible (to me it was like the Falcons and Patriots Super Bowl, only it would be like reverses roles as in the Patriots, they dynasty, blowing a huge lead to the Falcons). Now I know not to jump the gun even for the Warriors.

That being said, I think Durant is who cost them the game, along with Kerr only giving Curry like 3 minutes in the 3rd. Didn’t Durant have like 8 or 9 turnovers? I also think that loss is going to wake up the Warriors though, for their team, I think they needed a smack in the mouth to wake them up.

I’m not sure how controversial this will be to say this, but IF the Blazers just roll over OKC; I think a lot more people need to second guess Westbrook (and I know a ton of people already do). The guy is extremely athletically gifted/explosive but it’s borderline hard to watch him play a lot of the time, like he just seems to make a lot of bad decisions.

He has all the athletic talent in the world but it seems like he is only a fraction of the player he could be. Just my opinion.

Like I said, IFFFFF the Thunder lose the series, where does he rank even among PGs? Cause I’m sure as hell not putting him over Steph, Kyrie, Lillard when it comes to contributing to a team winning (not talking about individual accomplishments).

PowerDump wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 3:29 am
bootsy wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:39 pm
PowerDump wrote:
When I typed up the previous message about Curry, they had a 23 point lead and thought there is no way they are losing, it’s just impossible (to me it was like the Falcons and Patriots Super Bowl, only it would be like reverses roles as in the Patriots, they dynasty, blowing a huge lead to the Falcons). Now I know not to jump the gun even for the Warriors.

That being said, I think Durant is who cost them the game, along with Kerr only giving Curry like 3 minutes in the 3rd. Didn’t Durant have like 8 or 9 turnovers? I also think that loss is going to wake up the Warriors though, for their team, I think they needed a smack in the mouth to wake them up.

I’m not sure how controversial this will be to say this, but IF the Blazers just roll over OKC; I think a lot more people need to second guess Westbrook (and I know a ton of people already do). The guy is extremely athletically gifted/explosive but it’s borderline hard to watch him play a lot of the time, like he just seems to make a lot of bad decisions.

He has all the athletic talent in the world but it seems like he is only a fraction of the player he could be. Just my opinion.

Like I said, IFFFFF the Thunder lose the series, where does he rank even among PGs? Cause I’m sure as hell not putting him over Steph, Kyrie, Lillard when it comes to contributing to a team winning (not talking about individual accomplishments).
Westbrook is a lot like Harden for me. They have a lot of nice numbers but rarely produce in their biggest most important moments and until they do they will not be in the upper echelon of all time greats. I do enjoy Westbrook's game a lot more than Harden's but they are still view the same by me.

As for the Warriors there has been something off about them all year. It's like they know this is probably the last ride for them as a collective unit and they seem unfocused. They looked really bad a lot more than they used to this season. I'm getting a 2011 LA Lakers vibe from them. The Lakers were the 2 time defending champs but something was off and they got swept by the Mavs in the semis and that was the end of that run.