NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Master Virgo wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 2:34 am
The difference between Ali and LeBron being that, one was involved in an individual sport and the other in a team sport. The game 7 that LeBron is referring to, was won by the team of Cavaliers. Kyrie also did terrific work in that game. It's so arrogant to ignore that as a fact.

While every time the subject is raised, MJ mentions that our team was great. 90s Bulls won those trophies. That's how an inspiring leader should speak.£
Lots of people don’t want to play with Lebron. Nobody ever asked to leave playing with Jordan.

Kyrie deserves way more respect for that series than he got, a lot of times all I hear about is the 3.

PowerDump wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 2:47 am
Master Virgo wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 2:34 am
The difference between Ali and LeBron being that, one was involved in an individual sport and the other in a team sport. The game 7 that LeBron is referring to, was won by the team of Cavaliers. Kyrie also did terrific work in that game. It's so arrogant to ignore that as a fact.

While every time the subject is raised, MJ mentions that our team was great. 90s Bulls won those trophies. That's how an inspiring leader should speak.£
Lots of people don’t want to play with Lebron. Nobody ever asked to leave playing with Jordan.

Kyrie deserves way more respect for that series than he got, a lot of times all I hear about is the 3.
Oh definitely. Probably should have been Finals MVP. Well maybe not Finals MVP but he was the difference between what happened the year before and that year. That and Draymond's stupidity
Last edited by bootsy on January 4th, 2019, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There is no difference between Ali and Lebron. Calling yourself the greatest is pretty cut and dry regardless of whether it's an individual sport or a team sport. Lebron didn't say the Cavs were the greatest team ever, he said that moment made him the greatest player ever in his sport out of all the players that came before him. Ali said he was the greatest in his sport out of all the boxers that came before him.

IF and I mean IF, the stories of Jimmy Butler stirring up trouble in Philly already is true then the guy is truly toxic as f***. If you can’t fit into a team that’s on the uprise and has fresh talent, who can you fit in with? If it escalates to where Philly gets rid of him then why would any team really want him at that point if he affects the whole team?

The guy definitely has skill but it sounds like he thinks he’s like MJ or something and it sounds like he needs to be checked.

Like I said, this is if the stories coming out are true.

Bron would only have one chip if he wasn't bailed out by Ray Allen and Kyrie :X

I actually just watched the part where he said he was the Goat. Maybe it was just how they cut from one person to the next but didn’t it look like neither of his guys there really wanted to agree with LeBron lol? It really looked like one of the guys was shaking his head in disagreement lol.

I know that people hate how Harden is bending the rules and sometimes even breaking them with his double stepback and offensive fouls. But since he's getting away with it, it shows he's a smart player and he is really on a historic run right now. Obviously he'll burn out when the play-offs come around and he'll disappoint in May once again but as far as this season goes, this is something we haven't seen since Kobe's historic 2006 season. He's the main reason to watch the NBA right now. In my opinion the guy has already by-passed Jerry West and Clyde Drexler as the 4th best shooting guard of all-time behind MJ, Kobe and D-Wade.

LelekPL wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 4:00 pm
I know that people hate how Harden is bending the rules and sometimes even breaking them with his double stepback and offensive fouls. But since he's getting away with it, it shows he's a smart player and he is really on a historic run right now. Obviously he'll burn out when the play-offs come around and he'll disappoint in May once again but as far as this season goes, this is something we haven't seen since Kobe's historic 2006 season. He's the main reason to watch the NBA right now. In my opinion the guy has already by-passed Jerry West and Clyde Drexler as the 4th best shooting guard of all-time behind MJ, Kobe and D-Wade.
James Harden has not and probably will never surpass Jerry West unless he does something spectacular in the playoffs. West was known for being clutch and Harden is not. Harden's 3 flameouts in the 2012 Finals,2017 WC semis specifically Game 6, and 2018 WCF Game 7 are a permanent stain on his legacy. Jerry West was a Finals MVP on a losing team, averaged 38 points during that series playing on a sprained ankle. He averaged 29 points in the playoffs for his career. He was also a 5 time All Defensive player which Harden can only dream of making one. For you to say that he's surpassed West is pretty ridiculous. So Harden can keep dribbling between his legs, traveling going 1-17 from 3 point line and jacking up shots like it's going out of style but he is not on West's level.

Also Harden is not the main reason to watch the NBA. There are so many really good players in this league right now doing spectacular things.

Jerry West also played in the 60s, in an era way beneath modern basketball that basically started in the 80s, and was the greatest loser in NBA Finals history. I mean sure, historically West is a better defensive player than Harden but offensively he's not on the same level. What Harden is doing now is just flat out amazing. Basically what he's been doing the last three seasons. Unfortunately it doesn't translate well into Play-off wins... though without any other All-Star last year he nearly defeated the star-studded Warriors last year, while LeBron playing with another All-Star was completely swept. If he keeps it up the way he's playing he'll have the best individual season since Kobe... or maybe even Mike. Right now he's the biggest ticket in town because of his historic run. I know the league has Giannis, Embiid and Curry but no other player is as talked about and buzzed about this year as Harden. Basically every Rockets game people are tunning in to see if he can have another 50 or 40 point game. That's something.

LelekPL wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 7:02 pm
Jerry West also played in the 60s, in an era way beneath modern basketball that basically started in the 80s, and was the greatest loser in NBA Finals history. I mean sure, historically West is a better defensive player than Harden but offensively he's not on the same level. What Harden is doing now is just flat out amazing. Basically what he's been doing the last three seasons. Unfortunately it doesn't translate well into Play-off wins... though without any other All-Star last year he nearly defeated the star-studded Warriors last year, while LeBron playing with another All-Star was completely swept. If he keeps it up the way he's playing he'll have the best individual season since Kobe... or maybe even Mike. Right now he's the biggest ticket in town because of his historic run. I know the league has Giannis, Embiid and Curry but no other player is as talked about and buzzed about this year as Harden. Basically every Rockets game people are tunning in to see if he can have another 50 or 40 point game. That's something.
I don't care what era West played in. Hell if he played in this era of wide open basketball and a 3 point shot, he'd be killing anything Harden is doing right now. Harden is not better than Jerry West regardless of what era he played in.