NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
The Taxman wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 11:24 pm
bootsy wrote:
May 5th, 2019, 11:02 pm
PowerDump wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 11:45 pm

Let’s hold our horses until the series is over. I think they’ll win it at this point but let’s hold our horses.

This is why I haven't said much. This series is too close and too back and forth to start gloating. Even had we won today I still wouldn't feel comfortable. It's the best 2 out of 3 now.
Still confident we can win 2 out of the next 3, but kawhi is literally having a legendary series, this tidbit really put things in perspective for me,

https://twitter.com/MicahAdams13/status ... 4954903558

The fact that Embiid has been dealing with a virus certainly doesn't help, but still
I am too and I agree Leonard has pretty much been a one man show in this series. I don't think that will change much. The rest of the Raptors seem to be standing there letting Kawhi be the hero. I think at some point the rest of the team will have to step up.

Does anyone feel like the whole “3 point shoot whenever you can” type mentality can’t be even close to the best strategy for most of these teams?

I swear, this year I’ve seen so many teams take lightly contested to well contested 3 point shots when the players team has a 10 point or more lead. Why the hell aren’t you trying to work the inside game more and take a much higher percentage shot?

Make the other team take the contested 3s. I feel like a resurgence in the mid range game would benefit so many teams.

PowerDump wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 12:30 am
Does anyone feel like the whole “3 point shoot whenever you can” type mentality can’t be even close to the best strategy for most of these teams?

I swear, this year I’ve seen so many teams take lightly contested to well contested 3 point shots when the players team has a 10 point or more lead. Why the hell aren’t you trying to work the inside game more and take a much higher percentage shot?

Make the other team take the contested 3s. I feel like a resurgence in the mid range game would benefit so many teams.

Yeah I think i saw a stat on tv where the warriors who have arguably TWO of the top 3-point shooters of all time, 3 if you want to count durant too, are like 8th or 9th in attempted 3's this year. Like if you're shooting more three's than them you're doing something wrong. You would think teams would look at the box score and realize WOW we attempted way too many three's and shot a low percentage. I think this is obviously in response to who's winning right now, who's on top, i.e Golden State, and its an over correction by the league to try and compete with them. But yeah hopefully we do get back to some semblance of a mid range game

Fuck the Lakers.

Alright Houston, you’re down a game but there is no Durant. I personally like this cause I want to see if Klay and Curry can step up, just makes it more interesting all around.

I'm not even a Rockets fan, but I was pulling for them beat Golden State tonight and lead the series. Oh well. At least the Bucks knocked the Celtics out for good.

HorrorBiz wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 1:45 am
I'm not even a Rockets fan, but I was pulling for them beat Golden State tonight and lead the series. Oh well. At least the Bucks knocked the Celtics out for good.
They would legit have a shot if CP3 showed up one of these games. What are his actually stats this series so far?

If Rockets lose the series it is 100% on CP3 and that monster contract where they could have retained or gotten talent elsewhere.

PowerDump wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 4:17 am
They would legit have a shot if CP3 showed up one of these games. What are his actually stats this series so far?
15.5 ppg, 6.5rpg, 5.5apg on 45%, 35% and 76% shooting. That's not terrible and his shooting % is actually up in this series but the eye test clearly tells us he's passive on offense. Thankfully Harden is still playing like an MVP.

LelekPL wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 4:29 am
PowerDump wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 4:17 am
15.5 ppg, 6.5rpg, 5.5apg on 45%, 35% and 76% shooting. That's not terrible and his shooting % is actually up in this series but the eye test clearly tells us he's passive on offense. Thankfully Harden is still playing like an MVP.
No that’s not terrible, and I’m not actually saying get someone else outside of Paul for the position, I’m saying the difference could be him getting payed $25-30 million a year versus the $40 million (I think that’s what he is getting, correct me if I’m wrong) per year. They could put that money elsewhere for a decent player for short term or something.

Lmao, Curry just ended the whole, “The Warriors needed KD to beat the Rockets last year” argument.

Edit: And respect to Chris Paul for saying they were just outplayed this last game. No excuses, just stating it how it was.