NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
EASTERN CONFERENCE

1. Miami Heat
2. Boston Celtics
3. Orlando Magic
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Atlanta Hawks
6. Philadelphia 76ers
7. Washington Wizards
8. New York Knicks
9. Detroit Pistons
10. New Jersey Nets
11. Toronto Raptors
12. Cleveland Cavaliers
13. Charlotte Bobcats
14. Milwaukee Bucks
15. Indiana Pacers

WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Phoenix Arizona
5. Denver Nuggets
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Houston Rockets
8. San Antonio Spurs
9. Portland Trail Blazers
10. Minnesota Timberwolves
11. Sacramento Kings
12. Memphis Grizzlies
13. Utah Jazz
14. Golden State Warriors
15. Los Angeles Clippers

Who will be on top of the eastern and western conferences ?
Who will win the NBA title?
Who will be the MVP ?
What do you think about the signings of this summer ?
Do you think Heat is overrated or that the Lakers will lose the title ?
What about Durant or Howard ?

i think the knicks will have a big year with Amare Stoudemire.

Blake Griffin will be ROY.
Durant will be MVP.
Celtics will get their revenge on the Lakers in the finals.
Pierce will be finals MVP.

I hope that Miami Heat or Orlando Magic will win the title ;)

8-)

Alright, ZZ Leiden is a Dutch team from my hometown where I play basketball. Not in the first team (which is playing in the highest league of The Netherlands and even through Europe, even though that did not go well) but somewhere low. I'm not really into the NBA, but I always liked the LA Lakers.
If I ever get to the states I will deffinately go to a NBA basketball game, does not really matter which one. The experience should be great in every game!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I never been to an NBA game but I enjoy watching NBA... the first time I got madly inlove with this game was when Allen Iverson played like a god for Philly 76ers... 8-)

The problem is me, not being from U.S., I can't really attach myself emotional (at least at the moment) to any local team so I just enjoy the sport and each season I have some favorites based on the signings and personal likes... This year I hope the best for Miami Heat. I really want other team than Lakers or Celtics to win the championship and I want Miami to do that because they got some very good players that I enjoy watching.

As far as atmosphere well... It's not like here (where we have football or soccer whatever you wanna call it) where things are pretty amazing as far as the public and all. Even if I consider sometimes basketball to be a more tense game than football judging that each second counts even when you're 6 points behind while in football when you're in 70" and it's 2-0 there's like 10% chances to equalize so there's not that much tension at all... I am a little bit disappointed in the NBA public... it's too quite and it's people eating hot-dogs and popcorn and the game is SO DRAMATIC and the only thing they do is cheer for like 2 minutes some crappy stuff and than shut up which to me is not entertaining. I also know that you have NBA games which are so dramatic that people go crazy in the stands but still, those games, are 1 in 10... :(

I'm watching right now... Miami vs. Boston and it's obvious Miami have a hard time finding themselfs on the field.

Image 80 - 88 Image

1. Lebron James - 31p
2. Dwyane Wade - 13p

1. Ray Allen - 20p
2. Paul Pierce - 19p

Image 92 - 106 Image

1. Steve Nash - 26p
2. Jason Richardson - 22p

1. Brandon Roy - 24p
2. Nicolas Batum - 19p

I voted other, just because I'm hoping the Mavs can finally get over the hump, but I know it's just wishful thinking. Here is to another 50 win regular season, only to show up flat in the playoffs! yay!