NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Well the police department and many locals are saying that it was unnatural.

RIP to a legend!!!!! :( :( :cry: :cry:

My fav athlete of all time. So many memories.

It doesn't matter what your craft is, Kobe stood for inspiring people to be the best at whatever they did through focus, determination, and hard work.

RIP to all involved in the accident. Such a tragic and disturbing even. :( :cry: :cry:

The helicopter carrying Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna, and seven other passengers, had special approval to fly in foggy weather, as the audio records between the pilot and local air traffic controllers indicated.

I feel like the magnitude of the Lakers winning the championship this year is massive. This is the year to win for the memory of Kobe.

His death really highlights how silly and unimportant a sport is in the greater picture of life. But Lakers winning would really be special

I think that's the idea. I also noticed that I gained some more respect for LeBron after all this. I used to root against him in the finals but now I really want to appreciate greatness when it's there. I still don't think he's in Jordan's league but there shouldn't be any hate in trying to reach that level. It should be commendable. Kobe almost got there and LeBron is probably even more accomplished by now.

I probably won't be rooting for the Lakers if it comes to them against the Clippers (I like Kawhi's old school game) or Bucks (classically built team) but I won't be rooting against them either. Let the best team and hopefully the best players win.

I liked the new format of the ASG... as a one time tribute to Kobe. Otherwise it didn't really solve the main problem - the unwatchability of the first 3 quarters. The players still haven't shown any effort in that stage of the game when compared to ASGs from 15 years ago and earlier. The only way to make this interesting is to make the players to care at least a little bit. The 4th quarter was fun, though.

And the Slam Dunk contest was one of the best, possibly top 5, so overall a solid weekend in Chicago.

I disagree that the first 3 quarters were unwatchable. I enjoyed the entire game. The intensity went up when Giannis came back in the 2nd quarter and his team won that quarter. You could they weren't playing around from that point on. I liked the winning quarters thing that made it very watchable.

That was the best All-Star Game that I can remember watching. The fourth quarter got unexpectedly intense.

My little cousin met SGA of OKC Thunder today. SGA is his favorite basketball player so he was so pumped. The pictures are adorable ❤❤❤❤