NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
bootsy wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 9:48 pm
PowerDump wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 8:17 pm
Good for Westbrook for talking back to the fan who allegedly said something racist and good for the Jazz good for banning the fan. I’m sick of this mindset that players have to take such verbal abuse, how about fans are supposed to be held to a certain standard as well?
I'm not mad at him either. The fan crossed the line for sure. Russ was wrong to go after the woman but the man was fair game. I've never even come close to thinking about mouthing off to an athlete when I attend a game. The only thing I do is stand and cheer when my team does something will and boo the other team. Hell my seats are so cheap they couldn't hear me anyway. :lol:
Yeah, I can’t even imagine yelling at the players other than booing a bit, whenever I would go to a game I was in awe of the players, even the opponents, watching prime Vince Carter was one of my favorite things at any sporting event I’ve gone too.

But yeah, I don’t mind if players chew a fan out if they are crossing the line.

How embarrassing to get banned from attending games, his friends are never gonna let him live that one down lol

Friendly reminder that Chandler 'Max Contract' Parsons is averaging 3.8 points on 28.8FG% and 23.1% from 3

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Sixers coming for the east bruh

Michaelf2225 wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 5:15 pm
Sixers coming for the east bruh
Possibly. It's going to be a tough road after the 1st round.

Dodd wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 6:23 pm
Friendly reminder that Chandler 'Max Contract' Parsons is averaging 3.8 points on 28.8FG% and 23.1% from 3

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Glad the Mavericks got rid of him

Not NBA related, but Duke this year had to be one of the most overhyped/overrated teams ever for the tourney. They barely, barely won the last two games and were highly favored for the whole thing before the tournament started.

Overrated!!!!

PowerDump wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 7:16 pm
Not NBA related, but Duke this year had to be one of the most overhyped/overrated teams ever for the tourney. They barely, barely won the last two games and were highly favored for the whole thing before the tournament started.

Overrated!!!!
I can't say they were more overrated than 09-10 Kentucky that had Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, and Patterson on it that didn't get the Final Four but they are pretty close. They aren't even overrated. I hate that word. In a one game elimination anything can happen. They ran into a team that play just a little bit better than they did today.

bootsy wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 11:00 pm
PowerDump wrote:

Overrated!!!!
I can't say they were more overrated than 09-10 Kentucky that had Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, and Patterson on it that didn't get the Final Four but they are pretty close. They aren't even overrated. I hate that word. In a one game elimination anything can happen. They ran into a team that play just a little bit better than they did today.
Haha I get where you are coming from, but at the same time the media couldn’t stop hyping Zion, some were saying the team could beat the Cleveland Cavaliers and there have been debates on if Zion, as of right now, is a top 50 NBA player. A top 50 NBA player would drop 30 a game in college easily. I’m not saying Zion doesn’t have amazing potential, he clearly does but at the same time people need to push down on the brakes a bit. College and the NBA aren’t remotely the same, I think he will be great but these Lebron comparisons at this point are ridiculous.

The reason I say overhyped is they pretty much barely won their games in the tourney, they should have lost to UCF and the last game they got lucky as well. A lot of Freshmen have gone farther in the tourney in the past with a lot less talent around them than Zion had and they aren’t considered the best of the best in the NBA.

Probably mostly the media with putting such a magnifying glass on the Duke team this season, but still, pump the brakes on how amazing Zion will be in the NBA for a moment.

PowerDump wrote:
April 1st, 2019, 5:53 pm
bootsy wrote:
March 31st, 2019, 11:00 pm
PowerDump wrote:

Overrated!!!!
Haha I get where you are coming from, but at the same time the media couldn’t stop hyping Zion, some were saying the team could beat the Cleveland Cavaliers and there have been debates on if Zion, as of right now, is a top 50 NBA player. A top 50 NBA player would drop 30 a game in college easily. I’m not saying Zion doesn’t have amazing potential, he clearly does but at the same time people need to push down on the brakes a bit. College and the NBA aren’t remotely the same, I think he will be great but these Lebron comparisons at this point are ridiculous.

The reason I say overhyped is they pretty much barely won their games in the tourney, they should have lost to UCF and the last game they got lucky as well. A lot of Freshmen have gone farther in the tourney in the past with a lot less talent around them than Zion had and they aren’t considered the best of the best in the NBA.

Probably mostly the media with putting such a magnifying glass on the Duke team this season, but still, pump the brakes on how amazing Zion will be in the NBA for a moment.
I think Zion will be very good. I'm not sure if he will be that franchise type of player. He definitely needs to work on his dribbling. I didn't watch Duke that much but the few times I did his handles were subpar. He would lose the ball so much dribbling. He's also not going to overpower everyone like he did in college. I'm not ready to say he's a generational type player because I've seen so many people hype up players like this in college (maybe not to this level) like Chris Webber, Larry Johnson, etc that dominated in college and weren't generational players. They were good but not what everyone though they would be coming out of college. The NBA is a grown man league.