NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
bootsy wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:50 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:48 pm

i know, i know, Birds just got me disproportionately pessimistic right now lol

it’s our depth i’m worried about more than anything, and Embiid’s health
Well your on your own with the Birds but it is so early in the NBA. One thing I wish Fultz had played more tonight he looked pretty good when he played tonight.
yea yea i know you’re not a Birds fan haha

Fultz did look pretty good - easily his best game so far i think, and i really wish Brett gave him some over time minutes

bootsy wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:51 pm
CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:50 pm

You listed two things, all of which have added up to absolutely nothing. Try harder.
Having trouble counting 1)Embiid is an All Star, 2)an All NBA player, 3)all defensive player and 4)led his team to the playoffs and won a series in his first full year.
You never mentioned all defense, and I'm sorry was he playing by himself out there last year?

By the way, you're not winning any arguments against me tonight cause I'm FIRED THE FUCK UP.

bootsy wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:43 pm
PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:21 pm
Damn, Embiid got his ass torn up by Griffin in the 4th and OT. Embiid needs to pick his taunts better, talks trash to Drummond for getting him fouled out on one of the biggest flops and then doesn’t do much to finish the game. Wasn’t he talking trash to Baynes last year when his team was knocked out of the playoffs lol? I like players with an attitude but pick your battles better lol.
Wow way to blame Embiid. He wasn't even guarding Griffin most of the game. Embiid had a very good game and Embiid can talk trash as long as he backs it up and he does almost every time against Drummond. Stop putting blame where it doesn't belong.
Embiid didn’t show up at the end of the game and Griffin was clutch. If you start taunting the crowd and Drummond for flopping when you weren’t touched on a foul you have to back it up for the rest of the game. Oh and Embiid was brutally posterized by Griffin this game.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:53 pm

By the way, you're not winning any arguments against me tonight cause I'm FIRED THE FUCK UP.

Last edited by bootsy on October 23rd, 2018, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:54 pm

Embiid didn’t show up at the end of the game and Griffin was clutch. If you start taunting the crowd and Drummond for flopping when you weren’t touched on a foul you have to back it up for the rest of the game. Oh and Embiid was brutally posterized by Griffin this game.
Embiid showed up during the game. My goodness you are getting a freaking woody off of some game in October. And talk about a player that never lived up to his hype that would be Blake Griffin. We'll see where Griffin and Detroit are later on in the season. Congrats on Blake dropping 50 in a meaningless October game. When is the parade?

Michaelf2225 wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:30 pm
PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:21 pm
Damn, Embiid got his ass torn up by Griffin in the 4th and OT. Embiid needs to pick his taunts better, talks trash to Drummond for getting him fouled out on one of the biggest flops and then doesn’t do much to finish the game. Wasn’t he talking trash to Baynes last year when his team was knocked out of the playoffs lol? I like players with an attitude but pick your battles better lol.
i love the dude, but he can do dumb shit sometimes

and while i'm confident we would've handled that game pretty easy with Simmons in, i'm still pretty worried looking at the stat line. we can't expect freaking J.J. Redick (who is an incredible player that i love) to be putting up 30 points a game, and we definitely can't have Embiid playing 40 minutes every game and expect him to make it to the playoffs

add in some pretty awful coaching by Brett and i'm much more worried about this team making the playoffs than the Eagles, and i'm already pretty worried about them
Not really concerned about the outcome of the game, Roco, Embiid and JJ all played great. That call at the end was kinda questionable, looked like Griffin initiated the contact.

My biggest gripe tonight is that Fultz didn't get any crunch time minutes. In a meaningless October game against the Pistons, he absolutely needs that crunch time experience. Plus one of the biggest problems the Sixers have is the absence of a guy who can create his own shot at the end of a game, Fultz could be that guy if he had that chance.

Aside from OT, Embiid has been looking like a legit MVP candidate early on. Hopefully he keeps it up.

bootsy wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:57 pm
PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:54 pm

Embiid showed up during the game. My goodness you are getting a freaking woody off of some game in October. And talk about a player that never lived up to his hype that would be Blake Griffin. We'll see where Griffin and Detroit are later on in the season.
Why are you so fired up lol? Blake Griffin was a top 3 big man in league in his prime before injuries, and that’s why he hasn’t lived up to them, not because of lack of skill. I even said in my first post tonight that it was the most entertaining Detroit game I’ve seen in 10 years as they’ve been god awful for a long time, I never said the Pistons are going to be great or that I even care a ton for them. We all know the Sixers aren’t getting past the Celtics anyways this year ; )

That’s why this topic is so funny, a lot of people take it too seriously. Didn’t a person I have never talked to start PMSing when I was jokingly dogging Chris Paul? Quit being so touchy lol.
Last edited by PowerDump on October 23rd, 2018, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:44 pm
Embiid is an idiot. Hasn't done shit in his career and yet acts like he's God's gift to basketball.
Joel Embiid is in fact God's gift to basketball.

I will never understand ppl who don't like Embiid's trash talk. He's one of the most fun, unique personalities in the sport and it feels like fans just want him to be another boring super star who never says anything interesting.

PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:07 pm

Why are you so fired up lol? Blake Griffin was a top 3 big man in league in his prime before injuries, and that’s why he hasn’t lived up to them, not because of lack of skill. I even said in my first post tonight that it was the most entertaining Detroit game I’ve seen in 10 years as they’ve been god awful for a long time, I never said the Pistons are going to be great or that I even care a ton for them. We all know the Sixers aren’t getting past the Celtics anyways this year ; )

That’s why this topic is so funny, a lot of people take it too seriously. Didn’t a person I have never talked to start PMSing when I was jokingly dogging Chris Paul? Quit being so touchy lol.
Are you serious, you and that coolwhip guy are the two that went off the handle. I'm just defending Embiid from you and him calling him a clown when it was completely unwarranted and saying he hadn't accomplished anything when he's already one of the 10 best players in the league and just finished his first full year of professional. You flew off the handle not me.
Last edited by bootsy on October 23rd, 2018, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Taxman wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 11:09 pm

Joel Embiid is in fact God's gift to basketball.

I will never understand ppl who don't like Embiid's trash talk. He's one of the most fun, unique personalities in the sport and it feels like fans just want him to be another boring super star who never says anything interesting.
Amen to this.