NBA Discussion Thread

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Boring finals, but I'm not surprised. Game 4 was a particularly depressing slog to sit through once it became clear that Cleveland gave up. No one expected them to come back from having lost their first three games anyway, so I'm glad the season is over.

Oh well. At least the Stanley Cup finals were fun to watch.

Bron, PG, and Kawhi to Lakers?

:thumbup:

make it happen

Dodd wrote:
June 15th, 2018, 7:25 pm
Bron, PG, and Kawhi to Lakers?

:thumbup:

make it happen
I don’t think they can get Kawhi without giving up too much this year. Their best bet is to sign him once his contract is up.

Cousins going to the Warriors? If he is even 75% himself after the injury and stays healthy then holy shit Warriors.

Season opener in 2 days.

Here are my predictions.

MVP: Giannis Antetokounmpo

Most Improved Player: Nik Stauskas or Josh Jackson

NBA Coach of the Year Award: Quin Snyder

Scoring Champ: Anthony Davis

Executive of the Year Magic Johnson (He got Bron, its in the bag already lol)

Sixth Man: Nikola Mirotic

Rookie of the Year: Luka

DPOTY: Anthony Davis

Eastern Conference Champs: Boston Celtics

Champs: Warriors, ugh :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Predictions look pretty accurate. I could see Davis winning MVP though.

Go Sixers

bruh my guy Nik Stauskas went OFF in his first game

Damn, Embiid got his ass torn up by Griffin in the 4th and OT. Embiid needs to pick his taunts better, talks trash to Drummond for getting him fouled out on one of the biggest flops and then doesn’t do much to finish the game. Wasn’t he talking trash to Baynes last year when his team was knocked out of the playoffs lol? I like players with an attitude but pick your battles better lol.

PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:21 pm
Damn, Embiid got his ass torn up by Griffin in the 4th and OT. Embiid needs to pick his taunts better, talks trash to Drummond for getting him fouled out on one of the biggest flops and then doesn’t do much to finish the game. Wasn’t he talking trash to Baynes last year when his team was knocked out of the playoffs lol? I like players with an attitude but pick your battles better lol.
i love the dude, but he can do dumb shit sometimes

and while i'm confident we would've handled that game pretty easy with Simmons in, i'm still pretty worried looking at the stat line. we can't expect freaking J.J. Redick (who is an incredible player that i love) to be putting up 30 points a game, and we definitely can't have Embiid playing 40 minutes every game and expect him to make it to the playoffs

add in some pretty awful coaching by Brett and i'm much more worried about this team making the playoffs than the Eagles, and i'm already pretty worried about them

Haha yeah, Embiid is young so hopefully this kind of stuff will tone him down when it is not the correct time to talk trash lol. It was just nice to see a Pistons game worth checking into lol. It will be interesting to see if Griffin can have a good year with Casey as coach and if he can stay healthy.

PowerDump wrote:
October 23rd, 2018, 10:21 pm
Wow way to blame Embiid. He wasn't even guarding Griffin most of the game. Embiid had a very good game and Embiid can talk trash as long as he backs it up and he does almost every time against Drummond. Stop putting blame where it doesn't belong.