Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.

I don't even need to see the other posts about Artemis' parents.

They already sound like dinguses just by that post.

Artemis wrote:
August 12th, 2018, 4:20 pm
I told my parents that I want to go to Puerto Rico or Cuba for my next trip. They just started saying "if you want to go to unsafe places, go all the way. Go to Iran, Iraq, or Pakistan."
...or india.

just complete the list for them and watch their head explode. :thumbup:

I can't wait until i save up enough to move out.

They obviously do care about you though. They don't want you to go to [in their eyes] dangerous countries.

Nomis wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 7:40 am
They obviously do care about you though. They don't want you to go to [in their eyes] dangerous countries.
No, they just seem very very controlling. Sure, Cuba or Puerto Rico aren’t the safest countries out there, but no country is like that. And it’s just silly to think they’re Iraq or Pakistan levels of dangerous. I’m sure her parents care about her wellbeing, but I feel like we tend to sweep so many things under the rug and allow ourselves to put up with so much bullshit from our parents because it’s their way of showing they just care so much for us. If it’s something that extremely bothers you and you don’t find ways to combat it properly, then you’ll just have parents who’ll try to live your life instead of you, and that’s the worst.

Sure, I was just pointing out they probably show their love for her that way. However yes, it can be suffocating, like that recent example.
Seems to me that Artemis needs to have a talk with her parents, about her being her own person and making her own decisions. Her parents just have to realise that and stand behind her, not in front of her.

You know, I'll just buy a ticket for Cuba for like late October/early November and not tell them. Then when the morning comes I'll just be like "yeah I'm going to cuba. later bitches."

they can't do shit then lol

Artemis wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 10:03 am
You know, I'll just buy a ticket for Cuba for like late October/early November and not tell them. Then when the morning comes I'll just be like "yeah I'm going to cuba. later bitches."

Read this a couple of months back,with regards to Cuba, when searching for other possible Holiday destinations after Vietnam and Australia once I've won the lottery.

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-mag ... a-tourists

Artemis wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 10:03 am

You need to do something like that, period. You need to get out of their lives as fast as possible and live on your own free from them.