Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
i really hope so

I think we know more about it in the next three months

So I'm trying to watch films on Vudu and it's saying it can't show HD through my external monitor. It has not been like this as long as I can remember. Was that a recent update or does that happen to anyone else?

Bacon wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 11:28 pm
So I'm trying to watch films on Vudu and it's saying it can't show HD through my external monitor. It has not been like this as long as I can remember. Was that a recent update or does that happen to anyone else?
it’s an HDCP glitch with Vudu

has happened with my MacBook foreverrrr - super annoying, cuz there’s literally nothing you can do but wait for them to patch it; which at least for Mac, they don’t care to do

TeddyBlass wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 7:58 pm
I think we know more about it in the next three months
D4RKNIGHT

In AT&T’s latest move to streamline WarnerMedia, Turner and Warner Bros. Digital Networks announced Friday that the FilmStruck indie-film streaming service will shut down next month.

The FilmStruck business will cease U.S. and international operations on Nov. 29, 2018. A Turner rep declined to comment on how many employees will be affected by the closure, or provide info on how many employees work on FilmStruck.

In a statement, Turner and WB Digital Networks said, “We’re incredibly proud of the creativity and innovations produced by the talented and dedicated teams who worked on FilmStruck over the past two years. While FilmStruck has a very loyal fanbase, it remains largely a niche service. We plan to take key learnings from FilmStruck to help shape future business decisions in the direct-to-consumer space and redirect this investment back into our collective portfolios.”
https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/f ... 202998364/

This news really does make me sad. I really got a lot out of my filmstruck subscription and was planning on watching more films during my time off in November and December.

I do hope that Warner comes out with a comparable service.

Not every studio needs to start their own service tbh

Artemis wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 11:19 am
In AT&T’s latest move to streamline WarnerMedia, Turner and Warner Bros. Digital Networks announced Friday that the FilmStruck indie-film streaming service will shut down next month.

The FilmStruck business will cease U.S. and international operations on Nov. 29, 2018. A Turner rep declined to comment on how many employees will be affected by the closure, or provide info on how many employees work on FilmStruck.

In a statement, Turner and WB Digital Networks said, “We’re incredibly proud of the creativity and innovations produced by the talented and dedicated teams who worked on FilmStruck over the past two years. While FilmStruck has a very loyal fanbase, it remains largely a niche service. We plan to take key learnings from FilmStruck to help shape future business decisions in the direct-to-consumer space and redirect this investment back into our collective portfolios.”
https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/f ... 202998364/

This news really does make me sad. I really got a lot out of my filmstruck subscription and was planning on watching more films during my time off in November and December.

I do hope that Warner comes out with a comparable service.
I just started this service the other month and I've already watched so much. I still have a lot on my watchlist, so this news saddens me.

Pratham wrote:
October 26th, 2018, 12:30 pm
Not every studio needs to start their own service tbh
Warner Bros. digital content branch oversaw filmstruck which is why I said I hope they start a comparable service.

If not Warner, then Amazon would be a good bet.

How could you fail so miserably as a parent, and then expose your own failure to the world like this, not understanding that your child might later regret all of this, after being influenced by better mentoring, and ruin your child's future life even further?

£