Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 9:16 pm
Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 7:17 pm
I started 2 years ago on June 2017 with trying to be more fit & healthy. Which was just mostly GOING to the gym and excercise for me, and be a bit more cautious about some of the stuff I eat. I went back living with my mom and she's a Thai so I eat shit loads of Thai food, which helps lol. I went from around 137 kilo (when I started) to being around 90-95kilo now.
Dude... awesome achievement :twothumbsup:
It really is never too late to start. I gained weight in my early teen years and it just never went away lol. Ever since I was 16, I'd set unrealistic goals for myself like: I'll lose the weight by my next birthday and I'm 23 now...
I tried so many things, went to the gym, walked everyday, did cardio at home. I just wasn't consistent with anything.
Exact same thing for me also man. I was always a big kid in my teens, but around 16 when my dad passed it just got worse. And I just stopped giving a damn. And I was always behind the pc, sitting on my fat ass. Because It's my work too, but also, because I was just always gaming and stuff. Tried to gym a few times before in the past, but always failed. Gave up after a few months. Even though I saw results before, I could never push through it. Until 2 years ago then. Cuz I just felt disgusted about myself too much, and I really needed a change.

Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 9:33 pm
Exact same thing for me also man. I was always a big kid in my teens, but around 16 when my dad passed it just got worse. And I just stopped giving a damn. And I was always behind the pc, sitting on my fat ass. Because It's my work too, but also, because I was just always gaming and stuff. Tried to gym a few times before in the past, but always failed. Gave up after a few months. Even though I saw results before, I could never push through it. Until 2 years ago then. Cuz I just felt disgusted about myself too much, and I really needed a change.
Truly sorry for your loss.

Sitting behind a computer is something I relate to so much. It also didn't help I hated (and still hate) sports.
Changing your life style is just so difficult when you rely emotionally on food. I never thought of myself as an emotional eater but I guess didn't want to admit it.

Anyway, I'm very positive about this upcoming year. I'm moving to a new place soon and I'm gonna be graduating college next year so change is inevitable.

The best way to lose weight? Kidney stones :P

But seriously, I lost 25 kilos (screw the imperial system) in 3 months partly because of kidney stones and lack of appetite (that's why the loss was so fast and drastic without any exercise) but mostly because of high intake of water, instead of soda. Now I weigh a steady 85-90 (depending on the time of year) for 5 years, with 88 being my ideal weight, standing at 1m85. For anyone who's overweight and drinks soda or any other drink with sugar in it, I really recommend quitting. You'll be shocked by how much you can lose by drinking lots of water and keeping otherwise the same diet. Naturally eating less sweets would benefit you as well. Basically try to avoid anything high on sugar for most of the day, maybe a snack or a few sips for a boost of energy if you're like me and you don't like coffee.

Also, I recommend joining a gym. It doesn't really help you lose weight, though. But it keeps you healthier, it actually adds energy and your body will have a better shape and you'll have more satisfaction with how you look. You don't have to go everyday. One hour twice a week with a full body workout will be enough to see results (three times would be even better so you could focus on your lower body better). Don't expect a Hugh Jackman body or whatever the female equivalent would be by going twice a week, but you'll definitely see a difference.
Last edited by LelekPL on August 8th, 2019, 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

LelekPL wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:00 am
The best diet to lose weight? Kidney stones :P
you eat kidney stones? :o :sick:

Pratham wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:01 am
LelekPL wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:00 am
The best diet to lose weight? Kidney stones :P
you eat kidney stones? :o :sick:
Ooops, changed that. It happens when you have one idea for a sentence in mind and then you change it.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 10:06 pm
Sysmatic wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 9:33 pm
Truly sorry for your loss.

Sitting behind a computer is something I relate to so much. It also didn't help I hated (and still hate) sports.
Changing your life style is just so difficult when you rely emotionally on food. I never thought of myself as an emotional eater but I guess didn't want to admit it.

Anyway, I'm very positive about this upcoming year. I'm moving to a new place soon and I'm gonna be graduating college next year so change is inevitable.
Thanks buddy. It happened many years ago though :) I'm an old fart now haha.

Good things will come your way. Just keep thinking positive and keep doing the changes! Little or big.

How. Do I. Remove. Those goddamned notifications. From. My. Profile Tab?! :judge:

It's been 84 years.....

Ugh been feeling kind of melancholy for the last few days. Everything is going pretty great so idk where this is coming from but I guess that's the point of this feeling.

Going to New York next week and I'm excited for that. I'm hella pumped for To Kill a Mockingbird on Broadway. I love the book and the film so much so the instant I heard about the stage adaptation I knew I had to see it.

I also got a screenplay idea I'd like to work on some more and flesh out some more in the coming months too.

m4st4 wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 4:01 am
How. Do I. Remove. Those goddamned notifications. From. My. Profile Tab?! :judge:

It's been 84 years.....
yeah I've had 2 permanent notifications for at least 3 years

they're like my best friends now