Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Numbers wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 7:33 am
So.. I'm currently thousands of miles apart from my family becuz of college, and I just learned that my mother has leukemia.

Is it weird to not know how to react? I'm just confused that I'm not devastated, but maybe I am?
I wish you all the best in this hard time, and admire your honesty.
About the philosophical issue you're referencing, I don't know if it will make you feel better, but Camus'The stranger or his play Caligula may interest you.

Numbers wrote:
So.. I'm currently thousands of miles apart from my family becuz of college, and I just learned that my mother has leukemia.

Is it weird to not know how to react? I'm just confused that I'm not devastated, but maybe I am?
It's a lot to take in. It's no uncommon for something like this taking a while to sink in.

PM me if you want to talk. Stay strong.

it's officially Nolan season

Cilogy wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 1:23 pm
it's officially Nolan season

Numbers wrote:

You're processing the information right now, but you probably won't know the full extent of what you're feeling for a while.

I'm really sorry.

-Vader

Numbers wrote:

Sorry to hear that, hope everything turns out as well as it can.

Thanks guys, idk why but I felt more comfortable telling strangers on the internet (though to be fair, I've "known" many of you since 2011) than I am with people I know irl. I think it has to do with it feeling more detached from reality..
I really appreciate it.

My 13 year-old lil sis tried to comfort me by saying that she'd be able to take care of my mom (my older sister is also in another state cuz of work). If she can be that strong, so can I.
Last edited by Numbers on May 23rd, 2019, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Numbers wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 12:32 am
Thanks guys, idk why but I felt more comfortable telling strangers on the internet (though to be fair, I've "known" many of you since 2011) than I am with people I know irl. I think it has to do with it feeling more detached from reality..

I really appreciate it.
Sending good vibes and well wishes your way.

Numbers (or anyone else really), you can always PM me if you want to talk, or just want to vent to someone who will listen.

Ruth wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 11:51 am
Numbers (or anyone else really), you can always PM me if you want to talk, or just want to vent to someone who will listen.
This. Same.