Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Demoph wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 5:02 pm
Artemis wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 12:41 pm
Cilogy wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 12:36 pm
Houston never felt like a city to me

like it's just a mass of highways, buildings and people

in another context that would constitute as a city, but with Houston it's just ... there
Houston is not planned very well at all. Sugar Land and Woodlands are decent at least and I do enjoy the Montrose and River Oaks areas.

But it is just not an aesthetically pleasing city and it's upkeep is also bad. It also doesn't help that there is little to no nightlife downtown.
I have never seen Houston, but our teacher used to mention it when he talked about ecology. He said that Houston was a catastrophe, in the way it was designed, for ecology. So yeah, Houston has quite a reputation...
He is so fucking right. And it's only getting worse with the recent construction and road work going on everywhere.

OMG Open Books is such a great bookstore. If I had more room in my suitcase I would have bought more books. I just bought an Anita Loos autobiography and The Painted Bird by Jerzy Koisinski.

Artemis wrote:
May 26th, 2019, 6:54 pm
If I had more room in my suitcase I would have bought more books.
you can always make room for more by having less

#buddha

Pratham wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 2:23 am
Artemis wrote:

#buddha
v wise

everything about my life is such a weird mess

Artemis wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 9:02 am
Pratham wrote:
May 27th, 2019, 2:23 am
Artemis wrote:

#buddha
v wise
You and I joke but 'more by less' or 'less is more' are legit philosophies in both Hinduism and Buddhism

Oh for sure. I need to be more mindful of them.

It started raining today so I had to hurry back to the condo. But I got to watch a Hindi movie on Netflix that was hella good. We're going to the Skydeck tomorrow and might see Chinatown and Devon Street. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad.

Anyone else here feels that they are so attached to technology? Phones, computers?
I'm writing this on a forum on the internet :facepalm:

I almost lost my shit last week and threw a tantrum because I thought my computer no longer works (it holds all my files and all the valuable projects I'm working on - so it's kind of understandable isn't it?)

Today, I dropped my phone and smashed the screen. I was much more calm but it's starting to sting a little because: one: there is no quick solution two: money.

I'm thinking about getting a cheap phone for necessary calls and just pretend I'm Nolan. Maybe then I could finish all the projects I want to finish.

That's not a bad idea, per se.