Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
:lol:

“message me the evidence”

oh honey

Geoffrey wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 1:02 am
Master Virgo wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 9:20 pm
Some slavery apologist scumbag got triggered by something I said on internet and called me a troll. Now that's what I call a productive online day.
Wow, that's very pathetic. I'm surprised there are still apologists for slavery around. That is if you're not exaggerating or distorting their views, though—obviously, you would never. What I am talking about? Assuming that they are still active, please message me the evidence so I can report them if they're on Youtube or Instagram or whatever.
What the actual fuck.

Page 666 turning out real good so far

m4st4 wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 8:56 am
Geoffrey wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 1:02 am
Master Virgo wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 9:20 pm
Some slavery apologist scumbag got triggered by something I said on internet and called me a troll. Now that's what I call a productive online day.
Wow, that's very pathetic. I'm surprised there are still apologists for slavery around. That is if you're not exaggerating or distorting their views, though—obviously, you would never. What I am talking about? Assuming that they are still active, please message me the evidence so I can report them if they're on Youtube or Instagram or whatever.
What the actual fuck.
I know. Insinuating someone is racist on this thread because of pent-up anger over posts from two years ago is very jarring.

The only way I could fathom how this genuinely calls for your response is if you're not clued into Virgo's and I's back and forth and his horribly un-subtle reference to "anonymous users".

Geoffrey, do you support slavery?

No. Slavery is abhorrent. I don't know why I would even need to explain that as I have never implied that I did support it.

Cilogy wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Oh, didn't you know? Geoffrey here apparently thinks if you've been a slaver back in the day you shouldn't be considered a monstrosity, simply because that was just the norm of the time. You know, people being sold and tortured or murdered, just the way things worked really. No big deal.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 10:31 pm
Cilogy wrote:
July 24th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Oh, didn't you know? Geoffrey here apparently thinks if you've been a slaver back in the day you shouldn't be considered a monstrosity, simply because that was just the norm of the time. You know, people being sold and tortured or murdered, just the way things worked really. No big deal.
Another inaccurate and disingenuous interpretation of what I stated. I never characterized anyone, or slavers, as "good" or "bad". I said that a person's character is significantly molded by their surroundings and the context. What is acceptable is always changing. Those are basic, unnegotiable facts. What I used those facts to support was my opinion that hundred-year old, historical statues should not be torn down. Italy has public statues of Julius Caesar—someone who committed absolutely heinous acts including selling 50,000 people directly into slavery after conquering a section of Gaul.

With almost every historical figure there is something you can find to be disgusted by. New statues shouldn't be erected of the morally corrupt, but historical statues shouldn't be removed either. Now, because you're hyper-political but can't form a compelling argument, you continue consturing a false narrative about how I'm some racist witch—across this entire forum regardless of the topic. Give it up already.