Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Are the performances in Dunkirk becoming sort of underrated? Rylance gives a quiet portrayal of dignity, duty, sacrifice and honor.

Cillian also truthfully portrays someone suffering from PTSD.

Allstar wrote:Cillian also truthfully portrays someone suffering from PTSD.
The scene when Dawson asked him his name and he doesn't respond was the moment I fell in love with the movie. How Murphy communicated what being on Dunkirk beach did to him without even uttering one word, not a lot of actors could show so much with one simple look.

BlairCo wrote:
Allstar wrote:Cillian also truthfully portrays someone suffering from PTSD.
The scene when Dawson asked him his name and he doesn't respond was the moment I fell in love with the movie. How Murphy communicated what being on Dunkirk beach did to him without even uttering one word, not a lot of actors could show so much with one simple look.
:thumbup:

Very underappreciated what this guy does.

They're quite subdued performances in the film, which is what makes them work in my opinion. Hardy's performance is all in his eyes.
His beautiful, pearly eyes.

Del
Last edited by antovolk on August 15th, 2017, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Man, Australian Government hating on a New Zealand political party now. Can't help but laugh at the situation. I know i shouldn't laugh though.

Does anyone on the forum meditate and if so, what form?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Does anyone on the forum meditate and if so, what form?

-Vader
Usually I'll just lie down and engage in deep thinking. I visualize all my goals and the way I want my life to end up. Then I'll write down everything in a journal. The writing part really helps. The more you write the more likely you are to achieve what it is you set out to do.

drove 10.5 hours from New York to North Carolina today. moved into my ludicrously nice apartment courtesy of mom <3 I deserve nothing

gonna start junior year of college soon i guess let's see if i get kicked out