Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
don't forget we knew you first artemis

I'm in high anxiety mode as I have a massive opportunity to radically expand my business, but it's very high risk but also potentially very high reward.

I only have a week to pull the trigger either way. I'm in what my dad called "Panic Mode"

-Vader

Good luck dude! Hopefully whatever choice you make will be for the best!

Vader182 wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 6:17 pm
I'm in high anxiety mode as I have a massive opportunity to radically expand my business, but it's very high risk but also potentially very high reward.

I only have a week to pull the trigger either way. I'm in what my dad called "Panic Mode"

-Vader
He who takes no chances wins nothing.

Well, you'll just have to calculate. If the risk means losing everything and the reward doubling your profits then that's a shitty deal. If it's more than double it depends on how much you really need that larger profit. Are you looking to buy a house or a bigger local for the business? Then probably that's a risk worth taking. But if it's just something that's great to have but not really necessary, I wouldn't say it's worth it.

i have the option to buy a book of business 10 minutes from my current location that'd quadruple my net book size.

I'd have to take out a loan large enough it'd absorb almost all increased revenue for a decade. Probably around a million dollar loan. So I'd rely on new business more than ever to actually, you know, make money. If we don't grow how we want, or business stagnates (a recession hits in 5 years) I'm kind of fucked. there's a lot of other factors too.

On the other hand, I could take all the money I'd invest into this other location (minus the loan) and double down on my current location, staff the hell up, ramp up marketing significantly, and earn bigger bonus' due to higher growth for a smaller book.

so yeah i'm paralyzed by indecision

-Vader

The second option is more safe but again, it depends on your needs. Can you be satisfied with lower profits? That's basically the gist of the matter. You'll need to calculate where you'll be (worst and best case scenario) if you double down on your current location.

You already know how risky (and potentially profitable) the purchase is.

Some slavery apologist scumbag got triggered by something I said on internet and called me a troll. Now that's what I call a productive online day.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 9:20 pm
Some slavery apologist scumbag got triggered by something I said on internet and called me a troll. Now that's what I call a productive online day.
Wow, that's very pathetic. I'm surprised there are still apologists for slavery around. That is if you're not exaggerating or distorting their views, though—obviously, you would never. What I am talking about? Assuming that they are still active, please message me the evidence so I can report them if they're on Youtube or Instagram or whatever.