Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
^which is such a damned shame

they were so incredibly beautiful

Literally no one looks better all plastic

I think they still look great, but yeah, right after they get the procedures done, it looks very uncanny valley.

Kidman's surgeries were kind of bad during the Australia period of her career but it looks like she's relaxed a lot more on it.

i finally saw Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm the other day, and it was amazing. the theater was packed, and half the audience hadn't seen it before, so the laughter and groans were audible and super cool to experience over 50 years after its release

the print i saw was done from a 4k restoration, and i don't know. i'd like to see what Nolan and co. did for 2001 recently, but for this. the colors and sharpness were insane, but the grain level seemed kind of low, like it had been touched up, and the black levels - as always happens with these digital to film transfers - were almost nonexistent.

regardless, this is a movie made for the theaters, and i'm so happy i finally got to have this experience

Michaelf2225 wrote:
November 26th, 2018, 1:17 pm
i finally saw Lawrence of Arabia in 70mm the other day, and it was amazing. the theater was packed, and half the audience hadn't seen it before, so the laughter and groans were audible and super cool to experience over 50 years after its release

the print i saw was done from a 4k restoration, and i don't know. i'd like to see what Nolan and co. did for 2001 recently, but for this. the colors and sharpness were insane, but the grain level seemed kind of low, like it had been touched up, and the black levels - as always happens with these digital to film transfers - were almost nonexistent.

regardless, this is a movie made for the theaters, and i'm so happy i finally got to have this experience
Didn’t Nolan’s 2001 restoration get a ton of criticism?

Watching one of Kylie Jenner's makeup tutorials on YouTube and in my mind I was like "is this bitch really only using two taupe colors in her palette?"

Why would I want to buy her makeup if she's not going to use the more unusual colors and create great looks?

There's no doubt that her makeup technique is good and that she is pretty, but she shouldn't have a makeup line if her makeup is going to be that boring. I don't think I've ever seen her with fun and interesting makeup.

Allstar wrote:
November 26th, 2018, 9:46 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:

It must be tiring being you

i'm not saying this is allstar, but, i am

Allstar wrote:
November 26th, 2018, 9:46 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:

Did he?

Hey Cil, what's Tejas?

Pratham wrote:
November 30th, 2018, 12:39 pm
Hey Cil, what's Tejas?
It's another way to say Texas.