Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Numbers wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 5:53 pm
The sun keeps shining. The weather's nice in Cali now. Everything goes on. And I just have to go with it... right?
One foot in front of the other, man. Give yourself permission to grieve in whatever manner that feels natural. Don't conform yourself to anyone else's conception of how you should be feeling.

And honestly, grief counseling can be very helpful, in a therapeutical or group setting.

-Vader

Artemis and Vader are completely right. Taking time to fully process and grieve in your own way while also finding time to talk to the people that are looking out for you is really important even if it's difficult. We all care about your well-being and are willing to help in whatever way we can, man.

Obama: Women 'pretty indisputably' better leaders than men

"Now women, I just want you to know; you are not perfect, but what I can say pretty indisputably is that you're better than us [men].

"I'm absolutely confident that for two years if every nation on earth was run by women, you would see a significant improvement across the board on just about everything... living standards and outcomes," he continued.

"If you look at the world and look at the problems it's usually old people, usually old men, not getting out of the way," the former president went on.

"It is important for political leaders to try and remind themselves that you are there to do a job, but you are not there for life, you are not there in order to prop up your own sense of self importance or your own power," he added.

The comments follow similar remarks made by the former president earlier this year when he stressed the importance of more women becoming involved in social movements.

"Women, in particular, by the way, I want you to get more involved," he said at an event for young African leaders at the time.

"Because men have been getting on my nerves lately," he added then. "I mean, every day, I read the newspaper and I just think like, brothers what's wrong with you guys? What's wrong with us?"

The last line is just gold lol "brothers, what's wrong with you guys?" :lol:

That is Obama literally telling his fanbase that: idots I'm not with Biden, go vote for Warren just like my girl Ayanna Pressley.

pity he's not endorsing Sanders

But I wonder how much that matters. I think Sanders is ahead of Warren so far. Biden should just stop doing anything lol

Alright nerds, I want to begin the process of setting up my in home theater with a projector system.

Give me the low down on the best projectors out there that don't cost as much as a new car. Thnx

ChristNolan wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Alright nerds, I want to begin the process of setting up my in home theater with a projector system.

Give me the low down on the best projectors out there that don't cost as much as a new car. Thnx
BenQ is a major player in the budget projector market. I bought the 2050a about 2 months ago after mucho research.
It was 80% what i wanted (colour accuracy, short-ish throw, low input lag for gamez) but was not perfect. Against my grey wall the highlights couldn't get bright enough (tho your brain adapts and you stop noticing after a minute) and with a white projector screen the black levels were bad (i never stopped noticing). Then about a week ago the bulb stopped turning on...
I'm just straight up returning it + the screens (i tried two) cause none of them met my standards. none of my friends who watched the projector had any complaints tho (and i prodded them about it cause i'm that guy) so i'm clearly more anal than most.
In any case eventually i'm gonna get the Sony HW45ES even tho it costs about a stack more cause apparently the black levels are much better, among other things.

TDLR i can't endorse benq but a lot of ppl like it so ya
Epson and JVC are two other brands with compelling budget models
My other kernel of advice is don't spend extra on a 4k projector. I was putting out a 140" image at 1080 and it still looked sharp af. at a 'not car' price point one should put cash into quality over resolution

PS: On the topic of home theatres i bought the Pioneer andrew jones bookshelf speakers awhile ago and they sound amazing and are p fuckin cheap and have not yet failed me

Going on a date today with this girl that I've been talking to for a bit. Wish me luck y'all. I really hope I don't cry.

Numbers wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 7:33 pm
Going on a date today with this girl that I've been talking to for a bit. Wish me luck y'all. I really hope I don't cry.
Good luck to you, I’m rooting for you. You’ll be alright.