Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Pratham wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 2:58 am
A what?
So in senior year of high school our physics teacher gave us a end of year fun project to do: come up with a new invention or analyze a company and predict where they will be in 5 years by tracking current trends.

This one kid decided to go with the invention. And he went with a race watch.

Before his presentation, he was so sure his video would be received well. He was hoping for big laughs. So the presentation starts. The first scene of the video is a dude trying to take a math test. He wishes he was smarter. So he uses his watch to become Asian. The Asian character had a really bad and dated accent and overall it was horrible. The atmosphere in the room changes to one of discomfort. It is not going well at all.

The second scene is a kid being late to class. He can't run fast so he changes his race to black and makes it to class on time.

Basically every stereotype you can think of it is there.

The teacher eventually got up and turned the video off. He turned to the class and said "if anyone else has something disgustingly racist, change your idea now and present some other time."

That kid got a zero and he now works at best buy.

When the Apple watch came out, so many people from our high school made race watch jokes. This shit is going to follow him forever.

I bring this up now because I recently met up with a friend and we talked about stuff from high school. We talked about this story and it is too good not to share.

That just racist Ben 10 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Idk how I survived my school. My college is even worse tbh. Why did I go to A&M? Should have went somewhere else.

No one told me, saving a cat from a tree is this hard.

Saw a Francis Bacon exhibition and I was filled with so much existential dread.

Then I saw What We Do in the Shadows and it was a great antidote to that. Also had tacos with my friends.

Very lovely day today,and very lovely weekend overall even though I spent waaayyyyy too much money lol

SO, I finally met Keegster. My girlfriend and I stayed with him in Anaheim for six days and we just flew back Monday night. It was my first time "meeting" him despite talking pretty much daily for about ten years, to the point he's "a buddy who is a more than a brother and a little less than a wife." Genuinely emotional seeing him, but especially emotional saying goodbye.

Feel genuinely lucky to have made such great friends through this trash website, friends I'm sure I'll know for the rest of my life. You all know who you are. Good vibes to all.

Some fun highlights: Griffith Observatory and The Getty Museum are the coolest (best views of LA), Malibu is one of the most beautiful places on Planet Earth, driving Mulholland Drive + Hollywood Hills at night = jaw-dropping, Tyler the Creator accosted us about cinnamon French toast at Swingers (down the street from the New Bev), Disneyland is blissful to the point of unburdening, seeing The Falcon made me cry, Rise of Resistance blew my mind, and Hogwarts at Golden Hour is Mood. Finally, drove to Rick Dalton's and David Lynch's homes. Out of privacy I won't post 'em but they were cool.

some pics:

and finally, my masterpiece:

-Vader

Looks like the trip was a blast! So glad you had fun! And omg meeting Keegan!!!!!!!!

^ Awesome! Nice use of Hollywood quote.

This is all in good fun, Vader to Keegan when he left- ; )Image

Hi.

I’m sorry.

I'm embarrassed.

I’ve sought help, and I’m taking everything day by day.

It wasn’t just my mother dying. My personal life really took a hit (or two).
I’m typically a cynic, but I found the response incredibly touching.
But fuck ya’ll for the police scare early in the morning. lol.
Thank you. All of you.

Also. No Time to Die is gon be orgasmic. 
Cary can get it.
Love ya’ll. And I’ll be around.