Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Moving to California next week and I'm currently alternating between excitement and full blown panic attacks :crazy:

TeddyBlass wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 1:43 pm
Moving to California next week and I'm currently alternating between excitement and full blown panic attacks :crazy:
on the bright side, you can recreate the driving scenes in vertigo whenever you like

-Vader

And the driving scenes in OUATIH.

Artemis wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 3:57 pm
And the driving scenes in OUATIH.
I'll be up north in Silicon Valley but I plan on making trips down to Hollywood every now and then.

finished principle photography on my thesis. stress is lifted, and i just got the film back from the lab. we have to do a pickup day in the coming weeks, but overall i'm so excited to enter post.

we shot on Super 16 with Cooke S4's (expensive, incredible lenses), here are a few uncolored, open gate scans. we framed for 1.85, so the finished product will be slightly wider
TeddyBlass wrote:
January 16th, 2020, 1:43 pm
i'm planning on moving out soon after i graduate, and it's just starting to set in

Beautiful shots, good luck with the edit. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Michaelf2225 wrote:
January 17th, 2020, 4:46 pm
i'm severely distracted by this fella.

he's looking like cross between ryan gosling and domhnall gleeson

I made the mistake of not getting enough sleep on Friday night. So on Saturday morning I was out of it in my GMAT class. The class was over sentence correction and idk if anything stuck.

So now I gotta go through so much shit on my own and I have no one to blame but myself.

Right now, I am at a place in my life that is not making me happy at all. My best friend is not talking to me, I want to live indepently, but that involves me finding a new job which has been very difficult, and I'm stuck at a job where I get anxiety just from walking through the front door. I have just never felt this down ever before in my life.

Just like with dating, with jobs you need to put yourself out there . Send many resumes daily, maybe consider moving to get the job you want, try approaching employers directly, not just by mail. There's lots of work out there, you just need a lot of time to spend on searching for it.

Also in your free time invest in yourself. Either sign up gor courses or teach yourself new languages and become proficient at them... Or learn coding, whatever you can do that can be done from the comfort of your home and requires little to no financial investment if you're low on cash. It will take some time but if you can survive one more year in that place you should be ok.