Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Artemis wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 7:49 am
Ruth wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 12:35 am
Artemis wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 6:56 pm
I emailed the casting person for the Mindy Kaling show. I have to send in a self tape by Friday.

If I don't get it then it's cool but at least we're going to be seeing new Indian talent in America.
Good luck bro. I wish I was in America, I probably would have found guts to take my chances lol.

Are you seriously aiming for this, or are you just seeing where this might take you?
Just seeing where it might take me really. I might start actively looking for more self tape auditions too after this.
Do you have any acting experience? Where do you find these auditions?

Ruth wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 8:01 am

I took acting classes so that's something you can put on an acting resume.

The Mindy Kaling one, she made a post on Instagram telling people who to email for more information. For most of the others, there are sites like Actor's Access that have them. Emma Stone got her role in Easy A through a self tape.

A lot of the industry has moved online now. You don't need to live in LA although it is a plus but definitely look at what's online. Opportunity is there as long as you search for it.

On the r/acting sub, there are actors with regular jobs like me who do acting gigs on the side. One user even has a recurring role on a HBO show. Pretty neat tbh.

Artemis wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 8:21 am
Ruth wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 8:01 am

I took acting classes so that's something you can put on an acting resume.

The Mindy Kaling one, she made a post on Instagram telling people who to email for more information. For most of the others, there are sites like Actor's Access that have them. Emma Stone got her role in Easy A through a self tape.

A lot of the industry has moved online now. You don't need to live in LA although it is a plus but definitely look at what's online. Opportunity is there as long as you search for it.

On the r/acting sub, there are actors with regular jobs like me who do acting gigs on the side. One user even has a recurring role on a HBO show. Pretty neat tbh.
That’s really cool, I hope it works out for you. Wish I had what it takes to give it a shot.

Don't forget us when you get famous. :twothumbsup:

Thanks you guys! IDK if I'll become famous but getting a little gig here and there would be neat.

Master Virgo wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 1:18 am
Bacon wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 6:47 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 4:06 pm
If there has ever been a time on this forum where a higher number of unsavory characters have been so much active, I don't remember it.£
Not trying to derail the thread or seem antagonistic, but it seems like every one of your recent posts have been ignoring the points of discussions/other members' posts and taking it upon yourself to assume their reasoning in a condescending manner. This happened in TLJ and has happened multiple times, especially related to anything in the MCU.

A recent example is how you continuously claim people on this forum absolutely hate and show disgust towards the MCU when the only people doing that are usually ignored and, in reality, people are just discussing their mixed feelings on the universe.

There are some unsavory characters on here for sure, but there's been plenty worse times than this with worse characters also. To act like there hasn't been is either willingly ignorant to past problems on this website or ignorant about how you've been contributing to the current issues. Or both.
Yawn.£
The most active moderator of NolanFans, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest part? If someone else responded like this to him, he probably wouldn't let it slide.

If youre going to act like one of the unsavory characters, go for it and no one can stop you. I'm just saying you have no right to complain about something youre perpetuating by acting like one.

Guys seriously just start a Discord or something

DreamPolice wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:58 am
Guys seriously just start a Discord or something
let's just stay away from anything tencent has its stake in okay?

Bacon wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 10:48 am
Master Virgo wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 1:18 am
Bacon wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 6:47 pm

Not trying to derail the thread or seem antagonistic, but it seems like every one of your recent posts have been ignoring the points of discussions/other members' posts and taking it upon yourself to assume their reasoning in a condescending manner. This happened in TLJ and has happened multiple times, especially related to anything in the MCU.

A recent example is how you continuously claim people on this forum absolutely hate and show disgust towards the MCU when the only people doing that are usually ignored and, in reality, people are just discussing their mixed feelings on the universe.

There are some unsavory characters on here for sure, but there's been plenty worse times than this with worse characters also. To act like there hasn't been is either willingly ignorant to past problems on this website or ignorant about how you've been contributing to the current issues. Or both.
Yawn.£
The most active moderator of NolanFans, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest part? If someone else responded like this to him, he probably wouldn't let it slide.

If youre going to act like one of the unsavory characters, go for it and no one can stop you. I'm just saying you have no right to complain about something youre perpetuating by acting like one.
Do you also do as much whining in real life as you do here? Just curious.£

Master Virgo wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 1:50 pm
Do you also do as much whining in real life as you do here? Just curious.£
You're definitely one to ask that question considering all I was doing was responding to your complaint. I'm not being antagonistic or aggressive here -- you're the one making the continuously baiting posts when someone addresses a question you asked the community. For someone really quick to label others as "unsavory," you're really not doing a good job of seeming any better. Really don't know what's gone on recently with you, man.