Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Master Virgo wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 5:18 pm
At some point Batfan managed to multiply himself into a bunch of old accounts here. Truly quite an accomplishment.£
am i dumb or pls elaborate lol.

Why do evil bitches like Ivanka Trump get to have amazing clear skin while actual good bitches like me break out all the time?

I'm going to cut back on using the salicylic acid toner and use that every other day or three days. Also going to up my water intake even more but my skin is seriously bugging me right now and it doesn't help that our weather seems to be changing constantly and that effects it even more.

salicylic acid is incredible but yeah, chemical exfoliators can wreck your skin if you use them too often. if you’re looking for something soothing, look into products with centella asiatica/madecassoside. My skin LOVES it. It’s currently one of the “it” ingredients in k beauty brands too, albeit unlike a lot of trends, it’s actually amazing.

Master Virgo wrote:
April 13th, 2019, 5:18 pm
At some point Batfan managed to multiply himself into a bunch of old accounts here. Truly quite an accomplishment.£
looool please elaborate

Ruth wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 9:09 am
salicylic acid is incredible but yeah, chemical exfoliators can wreck your skin if you use them too often. if you’re looking for something soothing, look into products with centella asiatica/madecassoside. My skin LOVES it. It’s currently one of the “it” ingredients in k beauty brands too, albeit unlike a lot of trends, it’s actually amazing.
I was using a Clean & Clear 2% SA astringent that I would use everyday in high school with no trouble. But damn this time around the reaction was super harsh. I think I'll just go back to the witch hazel for now and switch out the astringent for one that is .2% and use that every three days or so.

I'll also probably go back to using my differin gel 3× a week too. I think my skin might be purging a bit too much and there's a lot of irritation.

I'll look into what you recommended as well.

Clean and clear is super harsh bro. Have you tried Paula’s Choice BHA products? Or the Ordinary’s Salicylic Acid? It’s the one I use right now. It’s like five bucks. It’s alcohol free so it shouldn’t feel like the absolute life is being sucked out of your skin. The Ordinary overall has pretty nice chemical exfoliators. I got my skin pretty used to their 30% aha which is like the strength of a chemical peel, and it was absolutely fine, ofc I’m not using it atm for different reasons.

Ruth wrote:
April 14th, 2019, 11:23 am
Clean and clear is super harsh bro. Have you tried Paula’s Choice BHA products? Or the Ordinary’s Salicylic Acid? It’s the one I use right now. It’s like five bucks. It’s alcohol free so it shouldn’t feel like the absolute life is being sucked out of your skin. The Ordinary overall has pretty nice chemical exfoliators. I got my skin pretty used to their 30% aha which is like the strength of a chemical peel, and it was absolutely fine, ofc I’m not using it atm for different reasons.
In high school I always had a good experience with it but I guess Clean and Clear overall is more suited for high schooler skin.

I use The Ordinary 30% BHA every two weeks or so as a mask. I recently started using the 10% Azelaic Acid but I think I need to put a stop to that because I've recently developed a rash on my neck.

I'm going to stop using all the new products and wait it out before scheduling a dermatologist appointment. The co pay is $65 and that's not money I have at the moment.

I was hanging out with friends Friday and it was a nice time but it was also kind of isolating. Like they're talking about Blade Runner 2049 or Aquaman and I don't want to butt in and be like "I watched two Fritz Lang movies last week and read three books." Like I don't want to look elitist ya know?

I still remember when the internet made fun of Scarlet Johansson for something she said on a Marvel commentary track. Everyone was talking about childhood movies from the 80s and ScarJo was like "I like watching movies from the 50s" and everyone was bashing her. Kind of misogynist and racist to bash an Asian woman for talking about what she likes (I kid I kid. you know I had to).

I'm pretty sure my friends wouldn't make fun of me for that but like it interrupts the flow of conversation and I don't want to look like a pretentious ass.

Watching movies from the 50's is definitely not elitist. It's just a preference.

I often find myself holding back from sharing my real opinions/critiques or fangirling over things. Like I also don't like correcting people, because I do not like conflict yo. #insecurities