Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
I remember when #MeToo started gaining traction and James Van Der Beek and Terry Crews shared their stories.

A lot of those MRA types made fun of them while the "femnazis" were supporting them.

In cases where a male student is abused by his teacher, none of them ever say anything about sexual assault against men or how the teacher is in the wrong. It's always "wow, he's lucky."

They just want to drown out women's stories instead of listening. If they cared about men they would try to help men who go through abuse, black men who get wrongfully convicted, LGBTQ men who go through a lot of bullshit in life, veterans with PTSD etc. But no, they don't.

Pratham wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 1:21 pm
Cilogy wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 8:30 am
Pratham wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:00 am
How true is this statement: "MRA and MGTOW had some legitimate points but got swarmed by rightwingers" cause I hear that all the time on Internet.
I was briefly into MGTOW before realizing it made me hate myself even more than I thought was possible. I must say it's not true. It's inherently right wing extremism for people who can't adapt to social change.
But do you think MGTOW has a sensible cause for existing? Like not focusing too much on dating culture and not basing one's self-worth by one's (in)ability to attract a woman?

I mean you can still do that without engaging those people.
Ruth wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 1:46 pm
Like, men going their own way? What way? Haven’t they always gone their way and thus made everyone beneath them (=women) adapt? Men’s rights activists? The sole idea behind their existence is the belief that they’re somehow oppressed, which they’re NOT.
And I think that goes to the core of the anger in that group.

I think there are some basic philosophies you could find in MGTOW which relate at least minimally to things like stoicism and rejection of materialism. Like, Buddhist stuff almost.

The problem is MGTOW is sorta taking those philosophies and tying them to misogyny, racism and even like a self-deprecating misandry.

This is possibly a horribly amateur example, but let's take the "place at the table" analogy. Like, the world's socioeconomic table has a finite amount of seats, let's say 100, and for a long-ass time, a lot of people would agree that "straight white men" may have held at least 80 of them. Disenfranchised groups want a seat too, but since there are only 100, obviously the group of 80 will have to give some up.

Like, call me cynical, but that whole crowd; MGTOW's, incels, neckbeards, the "red pill" sphere, is mostly comprised of people who see that the 80 seats are now down to like 79 seats, and they're in total panic mode because they've been so used to having that many seats so obviously losing 1 is a shock. So, there's a sense of entitlement, probably.

Artemis wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 1:53 pm
I remember when #MeToo started gaining traction and James Van Der Beek and Terry Crews shared their stories.

A lot of those MRA types made fun of them while the "femnazis" were supporting them.

In cases where a male student is abused by his teacher, none of them ever say anything about sexual assault against men or how the teacher is in the wrong. It's always "wow, he's lucky."

They just want to drown out women's stories instead of listening. If they cared about men they would try to help men who go through abuse, black men who get wrongfully convicted, LGBTQ men who go through a lot of bullshit in life, veterans with PTSD etc. But no, they don't.
Yeah, the only times they ever even speak about rape statistics, (domestic) violence on men, male sexual abuse is when women are speaking up and they want to drown out their voices with blatant whataboutisms.

Also, since there’s quite a lot of overlapping with Trump fans and incels/etc., for people who are as obsessed with traditional masculinity and militarism/power, I’m surprised with how little they actually care for their veterans. Or maybe I’m not.

The Republican party only cares about Veterans when other oppressed groups fight for their rights tbh

Most rightwingers don't care about veterans as long as they are alive.

I had found another URL that redirects here as well.

maybe teddy cornered the market after nolantalk

which and how many drugs do i need to take before starting to watch a voyage of time?

Watching Batman (1989) on the big screen tomorrow :batman:

Do people on here have a Letterboxd? (I have some of you added but looking for others)