Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Artemis wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:16 pm
I just really hate this timeline honestly and I wish this wasn't a thing.
Yeah, honestly, I'm just waiting for the simulation to shut down.

We also have basically a 4chan troll as US president so it sorta emboldens the anger and the anti-intellectualism-as-a-lifestyle thing.

How true is this statement: "MRA and MGTOW had some legitimate points but got swarmed by rightwingers" cause I hear that all the time on Internet.

Artemis wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 4:20 pm
Do you guys ever feel that Men Go Their Own Way (MGTOW), Incel, and MRA ideology is slowly going mainstream?
I guess, since I had to google what any of that shit is, no. It's not mainstream. Thank god.

Some of their postulates might be popular with some men. At least that's what I've heard.

Pratham wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:00 am
How true is this statement: "MRA and MGTOW had some legitimate points but got swarmed by rightwingers" cause I hear that all the time on Internet.
I was briefly into MGTOW before realizing it made me hate myself even more than I thought was possible. I must say it's not true. It's inherently right wing extremism for people who can't adapt to social change.

One MGTOW dude posted a picture of himself on Twitter after people were like "you only say what you say because you're hiding behind an anime profile picture."

Needless to say, he looks like the type of ugly person with a terrible personality who you would expect to join movements like that.

@LelekPL you are so luck that you haven't encountered that stuff online or in real life. They are such horrible people.

Cilogy wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 8:30 am
Pratham wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 3:00 am
I was briefly into MGTOW before realizing it made me hate myself even more than I thought was possible. I must say it's not true. It's inherently right wing extremism for people who can't adapt to social change.
But do you think MGTOW has a sensible cause for existing? Like not focusing too much on dating culture and not basing one's self-worth by one's (in)ability to attract a woman?

I mean you can still do that without engaging those people.

Focusing on yourself and not worrying about dating is just basic life advice that everyone should follow.

But they ALWAYS have to find some reason to bash women or to drag women. Like why can't you just do shit you want to do without thinking about how much you hate women?

I guess because the reason those people start focusing on themselves is when they realize women don't find them attractive. :think:

Artemis wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 1:32 pm
Focusing on yourself and not worrying about dating is just basic life advice that everyone should follow.

But they ALWAYS have to find some reason to bash women or to drag women. Like why can't you just do shit you want to do without thinking about how much you hate women?
Yeah I was gonna ask like what legit “points” do they even have that wouldn’t just boil down to good ole basic life advice and common sense?

Like, men going their own way? What way? Haven’t they always gone their way and thus made everyone beneath them (=women) adapt? Men’s rights activists? The sole idea behind their existence is the belief that they’re somehow oppressed, which they’re NOT. The only groups of men that are genuinely oppressed, like lgbtq+, or not oppressed but not as well tolerated, like overall men who don’t fall into the stereotypic “masculine” categories, I can assure you, they’re doing ZILCH to actually lift them up and encourage them. I applaud guys who, for whatever reasons, find themselves halfway entangled in this pathetic excuse of a “cause”, yet have enough self awareness to take a step back, acknowledge the fuckery, and change themselves.

Also, I have no fucking idea why I should even begin caring about people who refer to women as “femoids”. Nobody owes them explanations or the privilege of having a discussion when they consider you to be subhuman.