Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Artemis wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 6:55 pm
This dude I dated in college like 5-6 years ago randomly messaged me today. He was immediately all like "we should meet up."

When I let him know that I have a bf, the conversation died lol.

But for real though, this happens to me far too often. People from the past always want to hit me up and meet up with me. Like stop being obsessed with me pls.
Rookie... First move is checking Facebook :batman: :P

Ruth wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 8:26 pm
found out i'm NOT allergic to cats

which is the greatest news of the day for me. i would die if i couldn't use cats as pillows anymore
that's how you lose an eye

Pratham wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 2:40 am
Ruth wrote:

which is the greatest news of the day for me. i would die if i couldn't use cats as pillows anymore
Is that a spoiler?£

Pratham wrote:
Ruth wrote:

motherflerken!

I had Philip Baker Hall as a bus driver today, or at least his Norwegian twin brother. This will be a good day

Master Virgo wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 6:28 am
Pratham wrote:
Ruth wrote:

Is that a spoiler?£
no that's just how cats are

tbh my cat is incredibly chill, i could actually get away using him as a pillow.

Do you guys ever feel that Men Go Their Own Way (MGTOW), Incel, and MRA ideology is slowly going mainstream?

In a lot of online discussions that have nothing to do with dating and political issues, some of the comments go straight to women bashing real quick.

Then in a lot of makeup subreddits women will post their encounters of going on dates with men who bash the makeup of other women and I'm just honestly baffled?

I'm glad that I haven't encountered jerks in real life like that and that the male friends I do have in my life are really cool dudes who actually have started noticing and complimenting makeup on people because they see that I enjoy it so much. But I really hope that this online shit isn't so widespread in real life.

Artemis wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 4:20 pm
Do you guys ever feel that Men Go Their Own Way (MGTOW), Incel, and MRA ideology is slowly going mainstream?
Oh for sure. I sometimes wonder whether these people have really started to come out of the woodworks within the last few years, or maybe it's been this way for a while, and I'm becoming more aware and it's getting easier to spot them. Some years back being called a "feminazi" just kind of sounded offensively hilarious, because it's almost like you were able to brush it off and laugh about it (while still recognizing the misogyny in a statement like this), but looking back, I've noticed how common it's become to immediately call people feminazis or sjws whenever anyone even dares to contradict you. And how much some aim for these words to become actual slurs. I've called people SJWs a few times jokingly, and have treated the word in such manner, because to me it symbolized entirely different things back then, but knowing the ways these words are used now, I really regret doing that.

The makeup comments really bother me. It's part of the reasons I only ever started to feel more confident in wearing makeup when I was like 20.

What really bums me out is that I can't know *for sure* which are the good ones, you know? Sorry y'all who may take this the wrong way (love most of y'all), but how many times do you see a guy who's TOTALLY fine on the surface, seems to hold decent views until some time later and you start noticing things that are slightly off. And then boom. "I like girls who don't wear makeup"; "I totally support women! I love women, they're angelic motherly creatures, they inspire me"; "if you want equal rights, go work at the constructions and lift weights". As with all bigotry, we're so used to dehumanizing the "offenders" that when something bad happens, those people don't even seem like people at all. They seem so unlike you that you think you'll *always* be able to tell the shitty ones apart. But in reality, you can never know, and it's kind of... unsettling, I guess.

Contrapoints did a really good video about your last paragraph. Sometimes it's hard to figure out who is an actual good person or who is shitty because of coded language and since memes are so widespread, they can just say "It's just a meme bro."

I just really hate this timeline honestly and I wish this wasn't a thing.