Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Bacon wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 4:29 pm
New update. Should I see First Man or 2001: A Space Odyssey in theaters?

Sanchez wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 6:36 pm
In my mind that's honestly not that obvious of a choice. Because 2001 will be shown in theaters again. First Man probably won't. I mean, sure 2001 is one of the greatest things ever to experience in the theatrical format, but First Man would also be less great on just a TV.

Would probably still end up with 2001, but if I had money just for one of them I would be super bummed out anyways. Sucks if you can't afford to pay for the other.
I have the money but I don't want to spend it, personally. Plus, I can probably catch First Man if it hits our local bargain theater.

I'm watching TDK again with some people tomorrow, and apparently a few of them have never seen it

What stupid mundane piece of trivia should I annoy them with until they hate me and kick me out

DreamPolice wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 9:23 pm
I'm watching TDK again with some people tomorrow, and apparently a few of them have never seen it

What stupid mundane piece of trivia should I annoy them with until they hate me and kick me out
The stuff that Ledger improvised is a good one imo. Like the applause while in jail and him fondelling with the detonator when blowing up the hospital.

The truck flip was achieved by using a hydraulic cylinder.

Everyone was afraid that Batman's cape would get stuck in Batpod's rear wheel. It didn't.

Batman flying between two buildings in Hong Kong is created in CGI.

Nolan leveraged success of The Dark Knight to get green signal for Inception.

The clowns in bank heist are Bozo, Grumpy, Chuckles, Happy, and Dopey.

The ferries are Liberty, and Spirit.

Bruce Wayne drives Lamborghini Murcielago. It means Bat in Spanish.

Also, the Hong Kong scene was shot during the day.

Most important trivia would be that Bale is actually beating Ledger in there.£

Sanchez wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 10:58 pm
DreamPolice wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 9:23 pm

The stuff that Ledger improvised is a good one imo. Like the applause while in jail and him fondelling with the detonator when blowing up the hospital.
The detonation is a bit of a myth though. It was always scripted in two stages and the surprise was always scripted. Him playing with the detonator is the only potentially non-scripted thing about it, although it was mostly likely rehearsed. However, in a deleted scene, he jumps on the bus and in character never looks back at the explosion (because 'cool guys don't look at explosions').

Also, the fact that his finger is blocking the gun from firing when he gives "the chance" to Harvey to kill him.
Pratham wrote:
November 2nd, 2018, 1:58 am
Everyone was afraid that Batman's cape would get stuck in Batpod's rear wheel. It didn't.
And that's why they invented the backpack for the cape that you see in Honk Kong.

Basically you can pick the highlights from this video. It's a pretty awesome breakdown

They did it for all three Dark Knight movies.

I told my high school friends the hospital improv bit a long time ago as we were watching TDK in preparation for TDKR.

They ended up just glaring at me like I inconvenienced their day substantially

DreamPolice wrote:
November 2nd, 2018, 1:42 pm
I told my high school friends the hospital improv bit a long time ago as we were watching TDK in preparation for TDKR.

They ended up just glaring at me like I inconvenienced their day substantially
never share movie trivia with normies ever again