Diary: A NolanFans Story

A place for interesting and non-interesting thread ideas.
Vader182 wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 3:09 am
the most shocking aspect of this situation is that people actually read shaunsr’s posts

-Vader
same goes for bootsy's post when he's losing it

You people are unfortunately continuing to add more fuel to this feud, by your disrespectful remarks towards the two banned members. Stop calling people racist if you can't provide actual evidence of it. Same with bootsy, stop antagonising him any further.

I don't want to see the two of them returning only to engage in another flame war with you or each other. Discuss this in a civil way or move on.£

We’re so susceptible to trolls on the forum it’s not even funny.

So... new Henry Plotter movie looks awesome yo.

Master Virgo wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 7:31 am
You people are unfortunately continuing to add more fuel to this feud, by your disrespectful remarks towards the two banned members. Stop calling people racist if you can't provide actual evidence of it. Same with bootsy, stop antagonising him any further.

I don't want to see the two of them returning only to engage in another flame war with you or each other. Discuss this in a civil way or move on.£
But like...it was pointed out that shauner used the "some of my favorite friends are black" argument when responding to bootsy. Not necessarily calling him racist, but, like others said, I'm not surprised that someone got mad over a statement like that. My point wasn't that someone was racist, I just felt like the punishment dealt to bootsy was a bit overblown. Bootsy gets aggressive fast, but he's also seemed to deal with that same kind of response from shauner a lot from what his posts indicate. If I'm alone on that, it's fine. I'm not a mod. I just wanted to express that his insults, as wild as they were, felt more like self defense after a repeated instance of the same kind of discussion and insults from shauner.

Some of my favourite friends are white, is that racist?

Quell wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Obviously not but you don't bring that up in an argument about whether you're racist as if it's a fact that changes anything.

Bacon wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 2:41 pm
Quell wrote:
March 13th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Obviously not but you don't bring that up in an argument about whether you're racist as if it's a fact that changes anything.
I know, man. Just find the above discussion kinda pointless.

Self defense, Bacon? This is not a bloody battlefield. If someone insults you, ignore and report it. When I arrived they had both insulted each other, bootsy calling him sexist and racist and shauner calling him a bitch. So I asked them to stop and they both ignored me. bootsy continuing with his wave of insults and shauner trying to justify why it was OK for him to insult bootsy back, fanning the flames even further.

Now you people expect me to extend shauner's ban time because he said that "I have black friends" or because "Get Out gaining so much favour is political"? How are those statements in any way offensive or discriminatory towards black people.

The problem, every time a situation like this arises, is that people all come in with their different agendas and question the decisions that have been made, turning them into basically popularity contests, where everyone is rooting for their favourite member involved or against the one they like less. And don't get me wrong, as long as I remain a mod, I will continue to be very open about having a dialogue with every single member who wants to criticise me, but I would also appreciate it if people would be more fair and question me within the context of the forum rules, instead of getting all emotional with their biased perspectives.£

Virgo handled the situation correctly. Bacon is just defending Bootsy because he met him in real life.